THE MELT METHOD!!!!! DVR DR OZ TOMORROW :)

Have you heard of it??? I take the MELT class at my gym and it is AWESOME. It helps reboot our nervous system..helps with cronic pain, posture, cellutlite and helps prevent injury. Sue Hitzmann just wrote a book on it. She came to my gym and taught a class and it was AWESOME!!! Well she will be on the Dr. Oz show tomorrow Friday and you should DVR the show! It is a great thing to add to your daily workout...it can be only 10 mins per day! :)

Melt on!!!!!

Replies

• benol1
    benol1 Posts: 867 Member
    What does "reboot the nervous system" actually mean?
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Anyone who goes on the quack doc's show is a quack themself. JMO though.
  • RunDoozer
    RunDoozer Posts: 1,699 Member
    I think if I DVR anything by dr oz my DVR may melt.

So it may be effective
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    ditto this question.....
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    The best way to "reboot your nervous system" is by taking a recovery day. Any kind of exercise just turns it on.
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    The best way to "reboot your nervous system" is by taking a recovery day. Any kind of exercise just turns it on.

So, sleeping works? That sounds good to me.
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    I'd never heard of it but read about it here: http://www.meltmethod.com/about/melt-treatment-techniques.

It's pretty uninformative and the 'treatment techniques' section describes what can apparently be achieved, but not so much of the how it's done. From the video it looks like a stretch/foam roller class, which doesn't look particularly revolutionary.
  • I think if I DVR anything by dr oz my DVR may melt.

So it may be effective

This!
  • jabrende
    jabrende Posts: 25 Member
    Ever notice how every single day, Dr. Oz has some revolutionary way to lose weight, but it never fails that 75% of his audience is overweight women...
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member

So, sleeping works? That sounds good to me.

Actually, yup lol. That's why catchin' your zzzz's is so very important for good health!!
  • I've never heard of it.. sounds interesting.
  • crunchybubblez
    crunchybubblez Posts: 387 Member
    I think if I DVR anything by dr oz my DVR may melt.

So it may be effective

^^^This^^^
    Lmao
  • volume77
    volume77 Posts: 670 Member
    Why does everyone hate Dr. Oz so much?
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    It means the person running the class is making money.

Seriously, the only way to reboot is to sleep.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Because he's a cardiologist. Yet his show is nothing but pushing unscientific "miracle cures" for weight loss that don't actually hold up to scientific study. Most of his "miracles" and "tips" are not just unproven by science, but are mostly completely debunked. He's essentially a modern day snake oil salesman.

If he stuck to the operating room, and stayed off television, nobody would bother him.
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member

The man's a quack doctor. The products he peddles are ineffective. He's the equivalent of the man selling "snake oil" to gullible townspeople in old west movies.
  • tsh0ck
    tsh0ck Posts: 1,970 Member
    Because he's a cardiologist. Yet his show is nothing but pushing unscientific "miracle cures" for weight loss that don't actually hold up to scientific study. Most of his "miracles" and "tips" are not just unproven by science, but are mostly completely debunked. He's essentially a modern day snake oil salesman.

If he stuck to the operating room, and stayed off television, nobody would bother him.

he's got something new they are pushing on the radio. have heard it several times on the way home from work at night. seems if you want to make money by signing up for this 'study,' don't have time to do any working out and don't want to diet, that's ok! all you do is take a pill!

and the desperate people will buy these pills.
  • YAYJules
    YAYJules Posts: 282 Member

because he's a product peddlar mostly, which does more harm than good by confusing his audience. The more methods and supplements he pushes, the less credible he becomes. It's tough to know if these things sponsor him at all, and whether he has a vested interest in sales. Also, biggest reason of all: the guy is a surgeon, not a dietician. yes, he went to med school, but medicine is a highly specialized profession. He's not an expert on most of the topics he has on his show.

That's the 30 second version of the Oz hate... Anyone else care to comment / add?
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,909 Member
    Lol, somehow this woman "reinvented" SMR (self myofacial release) techniques and now is marketing it as a class!
    You can EASILY go to any sporting goods store and get FREE instructions on how to use a foam roller.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • itsjustdawn
    itsjustdawn Posts: 1,073 Member
    Anyone who goes on the quack doc's show is a quack themself. JMO though.

Yeah not just your opinion heh. A lot of people would agree!