Do you use Wii scales?

Options
Im sorry if this topic has been done to death but I've always used Wii to track weight loss etc but recently I've noticed that it appears to have me at 5lbs more than my analogue scales, my MIL's weight watchers scales and the scales at the gym..

Obviously I really want the Wii balance board to be inaccurate as that means I can log an instant free 5lb weight loss ;-)

I always thought the balance board was supposed to be v accurate though... we haven't always stored it flat though so it may be a bit out of sorts (is about 5 years old).

Anyone else find this?

Replies

• jbr121
    jbr121 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Not sure but I'd be interested to find out..... *bump*
  • The_Gruffalo
    Options
    Mine always gives me a -2lb then the WW scales

Tho i do store the balance board on its side which i did not know ya should not do ooppss
  • Scandinavia
    Scandinavia Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Mine is pretty on par with the doctor's scales.
  • poptastic
    poptastic Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I don't think they're very accurate, I always use the ones at the gym, and the wii doesn't corespond exactly with them - although to be fair I am never naked on either set!
  • KaraLee69
    KaraLee69 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Mine seems to weigh about 2lbs less than the doctors scales...my son says the batteries have to be good too, in order to get an accurate reading. He is 14 so he should know about these things. ;)
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    I find mine to be very accurate and I've tested it several times with things I know the exact weight of. It needs to be on good batteries, sitting level on a hard floor and stored flat.

Really, if you think about it, you weigh the same no matter what scales you use. It wouldn't matter if the scales said 100 lbs or 300 lbs, your weight hasn't changed. Just pick a scale and stick with it so you can monitor your lose. The end number doesn't mean a thing.