what's the romantic about.....

Options
Every valentine day I see people getting engaged.... what's the romantic and unique about it???
I think that to get engaged on VDAY is the most boring... and not unique at all....

Is that just me or anybody think the same???

Come on guys!!! be creative and make the engagement as something especial... on a day that she won't spect it at all!

Replies

• RhineDHP
    RhineDHP Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    You wanna see unique? Seriously, go to Youtube and type in "Isaac's Live Lip-Dub Proposal." It had me in tears at the end, it was so amazing!
  • JosefinTonks
    Options
    I completely agree!
    And to propose on a restaurant is also quite boring.
  • StrongAndHealthyMommy
    StrongAndHealthyMommy Posts: 1,255 Member
    Options
    You wanna see unique? Seriously, go to Youtube and type in "Isaac's Live Lip-Dub Proposal." It had me in tears at the end, it was so amazing!

wow that was really cute!!!
  • d4ley1
    d4ley1 Posts: 73
    Options
    its easier for us men to remember dates
  • StrongAndHealthyMommy
    Options
    I completely agree!
    And to propose on a restaurant is also quite boring.

tell me about it... I work at buffalo wild wings as a bartender.... that place is a sport bar... couple weeks ago we had a UFC night.... a table ((with cowboy outfits) were having fun and stuff (they were like 6 people) right before the final fight... the guy proposed to his girlfriend..... that was one of the most horrible engagement Ive ever seen..(besides getting engaged on Valentine day)
  • cchandler117
    Options
    Vday is just another corporate holiday. Be romantic when ever you want not when your told to be.
  • tanyakay87
    tanyakay87 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I managed to get through the whole Valentine's Day without complaining but now it's over so I'm allowed to, right?

Two things annoy me about V Day. The first being that men have to buy for women. Most of my friends don't ever return the favour and buy for their boyfriends/husbands, it's like it's expected of them. I find that incredibly rude lol.

Secondly, is that I feel there is a certain prostitution feel to V Day. I buy you roses and chocolates and take you out for a nice meal, and you know what I expect when we get home?! How is that any different from paying for it? In fact, most of the high-end ladies of the night get spoilt like that before the deed anyway. I just think it makes me feel cheap lol which is why I have never celebrated it.

I really don't see it as romantic. And I completely agree with the proposing in restaurants and on V Day. It's unoriginal.

Rant for the day finished.... :)
  • HotMummyMission
    HotMummyMission Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    I think it is but the people that do the flash mob proposes on valentines is just amazing x
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    I almost had a baby on valentines day. Had to have a c-section in the end, made sure it wasn't scheduled for valentines day. It was her 3rd birthday yesterday and she's having her party today.
  • pollyineedtobeskinny
    Options
    It doesn't matter what day you propose, it depends on how you do it to make sure it's not boring... search "think i wanna marry you proposal" that's quite sweet and unique xx
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    I proposed to my wife in the back of a VW Camper Van. In a Parking lot. In the snow. At Timberline Lodge. Nothing fancy. Meant something to her and I. Everybody is different. Would have been special to me regardless of the locale or date.
  • StrongAndHealthyMommy
    Options
    I managed to get through the whole Valentine's Day without complaining but now it's over so I'm allowed to, right?

Two things annoy me about V Day. The first being that men have to buy for women. Most of my friends don't ever return the favour and buy for their boyfriends/husbands, it's like it's expected of them. I find that incredibly rude lol.

Secondly, is that I feel there is a certain prostitution feel to V Day. I buy you roses and chocolates and take you out for a nice meal, and you know what I expect when we get home?! How is that any different from paying for it? In fact, most of the high-end ladies of the night get spoilt like that before the deed anyway. I just think it makes me feel cheap lol which is why I have never celebrated it.

I really don't see it as romantic. And I completely agree with the proposing in restaurants and on V Day. It's unoriginal.

Rant for the day finished.... :)

You are complete right!!! Yesterday I had people: I can't believe you are working. You should be with your husband. I was like.... We don't need valentine day to celebrate our love.
  • jbutterflye
    jbutterflye Posts: 1,914 Member
    Options
    I got married on Valentine's Day. It just happened to fall on a weekend day that year, right about the time we decided to get married. Plus it is easier to remember the anniversary that day. LOL! We don't usually go out to eat on that day just because everyone else is and prefer to not be stuck in crowds. Gift giving is not a big thing on that day... we do stuff for each other throughout the year, for no reason at all, so don't place much stock in the "commercial" holidays. I tend to be more of the romantic, he's not so much. We show love in different ways.
  • Maribel_1986
    Maribel_1986 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I agree! I would not want to be engaged on a holiday...Just a random day with the room filled with candles, white and red roses, and my boyfriend pouring his heart out to me! That would be perfect! :smile:
  • LosinItAll2012
    LosinItAll2012 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I proposed to my wife in the back of a VW Camper Van. In a Parking lot. In the snow. At Timberline Lodge. Nothing fancy. Meant something to her and I. Everybody is different. Would have been special to me regardless of the locale or date.

Sweet... Thats' the way it's supposed to be... it's supposed to have meaning to you both!! :flowerforyou: