Dr. Gourmet, eating healthier at fast food restaurants

ladyofivy
ladyofivy Posts: 648
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
I just happened to find this website:

http://www.drgourmet.com/health/fastfood/

It gives you lists (printable!) of what are the healthiest (or least calorie) foods at the following fast food restaurants:

Baja Fresh
Boston Market
Burger King
Chik-Fil-A
Cosi
Hardee's
Jack-in-the-Box
KFC
McDonald's
Noodles and Company
Panera Bread
Popeye's
Potbelly Sandwich Works
Subway
Taco Bell
Wendy's

For me this list is invaluable, as my kids still like to have the occasional chicken nuggets (operative word being "occasional!") and fries (and toy, of course!) but I'm not too keen about getting a grilled chicken filet with mustard and half a bun for my lunch. YES it's better not to go to fast food at all, but when you do, it's good to know the "safest" foods to get. :n)

Replies

• lina1131
    lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
    Thanks for posting.

I was checking out the Chic Fil'a list and his calorie count on some of the chic fil'a list (chicken cool wrap) are lower than the actual chic fil'a site.

I would double check the calories to be sure. He has the cool wrap at 380 calories and their site says 410 calories - ??
  • ka_42
    ka_42 Posts: 720 Member
    Thank you so much for posting this!!! I've been looking for more sites like this!! I found healthydiningfiner.com to have false information!
  • ladyofivy
    ladyofivy Posts: 648
    Lina, no way! You just go by whoever says the least amount of calories. ;):flowerforyou: lol
  • lina1131
    lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
    Lina, no way! You just go by whoever says the least amount of calories. ;):flowerforyou: lol

:laugh: :laugh:

My kind of girl! :heart:
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    :wink: Thanks for the info
  • SammyLynn010
    SammyLynn010 Posts: 293 Member
    This is full of awesome-ness! =D
This discussion has been closed.