Don't want to do this alone

Options
2»

Replies

• kmartinko
    Options
    Hello and welcome to you. I also started out with a goal of 45lbs. I started my new eating plan in November and have lost 26lbs. Trust me when I tell you...if I can do it...anyone can. The trick is to find what works for you. Determine your goals, and what foods are causing you to gain weight. Eliminate them and find alternatives so that you don't feel like you are depriving yourself of anything. Make sure to drink plenty of water. If is essential to healthy weight loss. Exercise is fantastic, but most doctors will tell you that your weight is mostly determined by the food you eat.

Make sure you are getting plenty of protein and fiber, and cut down on carbs, fats and sodium. Try to do without sugar and this will accelerate your weight loss. Be sure to add me as a friend. I am trying to get another 10lbs off by April as I am going on a cruise. It's a tough journey, but so worth it.

:smooched:
  • sunshine421969
    sunshine421969 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    we are here together to help each other.. Welcome to the MFP and best wishes on your journey..Feel free to add me and we can walk this path as friends..:smile:
  • adamsmandie92
    Options
    There are a lot of people that will discourage you at every turn--that much is true. I hope not to be alone on my road to good health either so I'll be more than willing to listen. I understand that through writing, a little anxiety is relieved and one can feel refreshed and comfortable, at rest. You are never alone on this site, because we all (at one point) are thinking the same thing.

I'm not new to this site but I've used it and left it three times now and I need help keeping it this time! Hope 2 c u get those forty pounds stred!
  • yarahv
    Options
    Same here! I had the account for like two years and only used it once or twice. Is difficult doing this alone. Sometimes you need the motivation from others too. Hopefully this time I will stick with it, we all will :)
  • nancycaregiver
    nancycaregiver Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    I'm not new but you can add me for support! I'm on here everyday! Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • Nikki31104
    Nikki31104 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    You are not alone. We are all doing this together. Add me. :)
  • aseymour13
    aseymour13 Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Its a journey my friend. Marathon and not a sprint. Good for you for setting goals and staying with it. I'm around a lot. I'm 56 yrs old with 2 college age daughters and some challenges of my own. I think I'm pretty good at listening and giving thoughts. feel free to add me!