angelasfree1 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Marley and Me
    Flowers of War
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind.

Just....unbelievably heartbreaking. But beautifully done.
  • devan44
    devan44 Posts: 130
    Options
    I cry at about anything. I cried so hard at Beaches I had to leave the theatre. The most embarrassing round of tears at a movie was at Jurassic Park.

I cry at everything - even happy stuff like gameshows. It's ridiculous. Beaches was awsome - I cry evertime as well. But I think I cried the most at an old movie with Kevin Costner called A Perfect World. When they shot him at the end I lost it. I was still crying in the car on my way home, LOL>
  • devan44
    devan44 Posts: 130
    Options
    Get me to watch a movie on a good day and I'll cry watching commercials (note: Dumb and Dumber reference)

I'll try to keep the list short:

Homeward Bound
    Armageddon
    Hachi
    Saving Private Ryan
    Toy Story 3
    Braveheart

Homeward Bound - I remember that movie!! And Toy Story 3, omg yes. I cry everytime. That movie is way real to be a kisds movie!!!
  • FettsLady
    FettsLady Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Oh my goodness - so many...

Gladiator
    The Patriot (cry EVERY time when Susan finally speaks)
    Braveheart
    The Green Mile
    The Notebook
    Water for Elephants
    The Help(recent favorite...love it)
    Up (cried within first five minutes of movie!!)
    Tangled (yes - I cried at the end)

I could go on...LOL
  • elleynn
    elleynn Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I think all genocide/war films are quite traumatizing. I rather like sad films, I sort of feel like happy endings are contrived haha. All these films are pretty sad and may occasionally become a little dense.

I think everyone should watch all of these at least once :}

---

+ Flammen og Citroen: WWII Nazi resistance of two men and their colleagues. Danish, German and some English. Subtitled.

+ Beyond the Gates: Hutu/Tutsi conflict seen through the eyes of a young man. English.

+ (L'affaire) Farewell: A drama loosely based on the sacrifices of Vladimir Vetrov, a KGB agent who turned. In French, Russian and English. Subtitled.

+ The Constant Gardener: Love story of a diplomat investigating death of his spouse. Based on the evil of real life drug tests conducted in Kano, Nigeria. English.

+ MOON: Sam Bell lives and works on the moon alone. His three year cycle is almost up. English.

+ Senna: About F1 driver Ayrton Senna. If you don't cry, you're probably a machine. Deus protege. English/Portuguese.

+ The Duchess: Dramatization of the life of the Duchess Georgiana Cavendish. Ralph Fiennes was great. English.

+ Nobody Knows: A japanese woman decides she doesn't want to raise her children anymore. Japanese. Subtitled.

---

Moon is the only film on this list not based on a true story.
  • TheLuSir
    TheLuSir Posts: 1,674 Member
    Options
    Who watched one of these movies after posting in this forum? ... [raises hand]
  • susheetush
    susheetush Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Get me to watch a movie on a good day and I'll cry watching commercials (note: Dumb and Dumber reference)

I'll try to keep the list short:

Homeward Bound
    Armageddon
    Hachi
    Saving Private Ryan
    Toy Story 3
    Braveheart

I hated Armageddon. I thought it was cliche and unoriginal. And I still bawled like a baby at the end.

Then again, I cried at the end of Beauty and the Beast. :/
  • VanessaHeartsMasr
    Options
    The movie that I remember completely breaking my heart was Untamed Heart. It's a beautiful movie.

Oh, also Hachi. GAH, that movie made me BALL MY EYES OUT.
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    Haachi: a dogs tale. if you can watch that entire film without crying all the way through it you are officially heartless

I daren't watch this one...I know it will break my heart, I couldn't even manage the IMDB description without crying :laugh:

I do not cry easily and i have never cried so hard as i did at this damned movie. I thought it would be a nice family film to watch while my dad was visiting. My daughter and i spent the last 30 minutes of the movie with tears running down our faces and the last 5 minutes flat out sobbing. Even my dad and husband were wiping their eyes at the end. It was awful.