THE EASY WAY OUT

Options

Replies

• escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    No one is doing this the easy way. They are either 1) unintentionally more aware of their eating habits, using a pill that acts as a placebo 2) losing the weight now but will unable to keep up on later or 3) in the rarer cases, developing positive living habits in concurrence with the pill.

Either way, it will require work at some point.

/THREAD
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    i work with her 40 hours a week and we all talk about everything. she has adopted NO exercise routine into her life. none at all. yes, she is eating less, but eating less alone wouldn't cause you to lose 13 pounds in 4 weeks.

Odds are at least 5-6 of those are sodium/water weight. Most people lose that the first week of any plan.

M.F.P. Hottest Person/M.F.P. Most awesome person
    Ice cream afficionado
    "Winning" Certified Instructor
    Been in gifs for 2 years and have studied custom gif creation
    jac-mr-mfp-o.gif
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    getting thin =/= getting the body that you want.

start weight training...NOW
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    Yeah but then they gain it all back and then some. Also not to mention possible heart problems.
  • crazybookworm
    crazybookworm Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    Then once they stop taking that pill they don't have the mental discipline to stick with the weight loss and gain weight back. The hard way is the BEST way because it not only gets your body into better shape but it trains your mind as well. Losing weight has so many more benefits that just Losing the weight. Your metabolism improves, your risk of heart attack and stroke decrease, you are healthy inside and out. There is NOTHING healthy about taking a pill to lose weight.
  • Southernb3lle
    Southernb3lle Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Yeah, but taking a pill is not really the healthy way, now is it? Sure you may lose weight faster but more likely then not you will gain it right back.
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    I remember reading something the other day that I just thought was brilliant and spot on.

Go read through the Success Stories forum. Tell me how many you find that credit pills, powders, or shakes.

The only way this works is to do it the right way. People may want to argue that there's no one right way. But I have yet to see one success story that didn't rely on diet and exercise.
  • SlickFootAnna
    SlickFootAnna Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Weight loss pill?

There is no such thing. Results are shown through hard work and effort. There is no easy way out in life. You have to work hard for the things you want.
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    There may be people losing weight by taking a pill, but I've yet to see anyone who keeps the weight off after doing that.

I'll stick to eat less, move more.
  • capnrus789
    capnrus789 Posts: 2,736 Member
    Options
    The easy way isn't sustainable. How do you think they got fat in the frist place? Pill goes away, weight comes back. Unless they're willing to fork over the cash for that pill the rest of their lives.

I'm beginning to see what makes people so angry while reading the forums.
  • tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    Options
    Hundreds of people take weight loss pills,
    have heart problems, or
    gain all their weight back.

Hundreds of people have lapband surgery,
    eat and stretch their stomachs back out again.

Hundreds of people binge, purge, or starve
    End up with digestive issues and damage their health.

It has to be about getting healthy and taking care of yourself, otherwise it's pointless and destructive.

^^^THIS
  • LaLouve_RK
    LaLouve_RK Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    anyone else ever feel discouraged about working hard to lose weight the right way when there are hundreds of people getting thin by just taking a weight-loss pill?
    No.
    What is discouraging me are those *kitten* that eat whatever they want and are still thin! Pfff..

th_cry_from_del-189_photobucket.gif
  • Taneil27
    Taneil27 Posts: 253
    Options
    nope, i would much rather struggle with losing weight and knowing that i did it on my own versus losing weight fast because of a pill. Plus, when they are done taking their pills, they will gain it all back and then some.

Exactly!
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    I kinda like the fact that I can be healthy for a long time rather than being like those 70 years old barely lifting their feet when they slowly walk and scared of breaking a hip.

Hard......you bet. Worth it.......completely.
  • imchicbad
    imchicbad Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    You might as well be a tweaker or a crack head. My dr had me on those pills 3 years back and it was like I couldn't eat, my mouth was always dry I couldn't sleep and yeah I got skinny. But my skin started to sag and I looked ages in the face like my checks were caving in causing frown lines I never had. After 3 months I couldn't take it any more. Stopped and all the weight came back. I will NEVER take those again. So IF YOU WANT TO BE A DEFLATED SAGGY DISGUSTING BAG OF SKIN... Go for it. I like my body now that I have been working out for over a year. Funny thing is I weigh 5 pounds more than when I was cracked out, but look10 times better and I'm 2sizes smaller. I love my tone body. NO SUCH THING AS AN EASY WAY OUT!
  • zillah73
    zillah73 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I think everyone has their own path and I try not to worry about what others do. I did it through diet and exercise and I know how hard I fought for every single pound. I am tremendously proud of my accomplishment. In addition to losing weight, I gained confidence in myself, I gained a fearlessness about stepping outside my comfort zone and just going for it. I wouldn't trade my journey for anything, it has made me a better person. As much as I wish everyone could feel that pride and happiness, all I can do is tell my story and hope to inspire – I can't make anyone else want it.
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    Nope, sorry, never have. Been at it for a year. Making good progress.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    i work with her 40 hours a week and we all talk about everything. she has adopted NO exercise routine into her life. none at all. yes, she is eating less, but eating less alone wouldn't cause you to lose 13 pounds in 4 weeks.

... Yes, it could. Depending on starting weight, someone very obese could lose weight that fast. Granted, much of it could be water, and there's no guarantee muscle isn't going with it, too. You could lose all your weight by diet alone, without exercise. The issue is that your body will most likely not be aesthetically pleasing due to muscle loss, you're not getting any cardiovascular, hormonal, or bone/joint health benefits, and having lost muscle with extreme diet alone, you're more likely to put on weight when trying to maintain that is mostly fat.

That's what's going on with your friend here, if what she's telling you is true. Sound like something you want to do?
  • Igotdisbish
    Options

If she is very obese she could lose that pretty easy and as Jac said a lot would be water.
  • Ivey05131980
    Ivey05131980 Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    Pills won't work forever, so, no, I don't get mad... :happy: