Eating your exercise calories...

Options
2»

Replies

• carrieous
    carrieous Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    are you really running 10 miles at a time? thats about how far you'd have to run to burn 1000 calories
  • karlalband
    karlalband Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    bump
  • melodyjstray
    melodyjstray Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    are you really running 10 miles at a time? thats about how far you'd have to run to burn 1000 calories

Yes. Not every day, but usually once a week is a longer run, like 9 or 10 miles. The other days are typically between 4-6 miles.
  • WhataBroad
    WhataBroad Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    I burn 1000 calories at the 8 mile mark, the extra 45lbs I have makes it easy to get a large burn.

I will repeat what many others have said, 1.7/wk is awesome and you are doing it the right way, making healthy habits that will last. I will also agree with those that have advised some strength training. Not only will the growing muscle increase your daily burn but your body will appreciate the strength for your runs! And defininately get the fuel in, you should net your BMR at the very least.
  • krhn
    krhn Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Sorry if i may dis-associate from your whole background info. but regarding the topic title...HELL YES! EAT THOSE DAM CALORIES BACK - IN FACT I ENJOY EATING THOSE SUCKERS WITH NO GUILT AT ALL! :wink:

There is no point trying to calculate that 'ooo if i don't eat this many calories i've burned with effort i can drop so and so weight' - remember your body not only consists of fat, bone,skin, water etc. It has epic amounts of muscle - if you eat too little calories your body will eat into fat as well as muscle, hence, you'll slowly become weaker if you are consuming too little kcal! :sad:

So Bottoms UP! :drinker: