The interview pants

Options
Back in 1997 I was graduating college. I was nervous about my future and had zero self confidence. I felt like I had to dig myself out of a hole even before an I terrier started. I had all the personality of dry wall and the first impression I gave off by appearances was equally disappointing. I needed something, anything, to spark a bit of confidence in myself. I knew my physical appearance wasn't going to win anyone over but figured the least I could do was cover myself in something decent.

At the time there was an advertisement on TV for Haggar Wrinkle Free Cotton Twills. I found the pants in a catalog but their upper size limit was one size below what I was currently wearing. I went ahead and ordered myself a pair knowing that losing the weight to wear the new pants would be a double shot of confidence I needed to get through an interview. You read that right, my confidence was riding on being able to wear a pair of khakis.

As was the case many times I tried to lose weight over the years, I failed. The pants that were going to bring me confidence were just another reminder of yet another failure. Defeated, my new pants were folded and placed in a drawer. In the past fifteen years the weight continued to climb and the waist size continued to get larger. At my worst I was 550 pounds with a 72" waist.

Fast forward to Memorial Day 2012. Sitting at home alone and depressed I finally decided I had had enough. Suicide by cheeseburger was taking to long. I decided I had had enough and was going to make a change. It all started easy enough. A salad instead of take out. A short walk instead of another hour on the Internet. A small change here, a small change there. Nothing to difficult by itself but lumped together it was making a difference in my attitude. Looking for a way to track food and exercise, I found MFP.

Since joining the site I haven't missed a day of logging. Earlier this week marked my 255 day on the site. In that time I've lost 104 pounds. While I'm extremely happy with the loss in weight, the things I've gained are far more important. The ever present dark cloud that always seemed to follow me is gone. I've gained a lust for life that I've never had before. I want to see things and do things and make up for all the time I wasted. I laugh more, smile more, and just generally have more fun. Life is great and I know tomorrow will be even better.

I'm loving life in my interview pants!

(My dog is in the old photos because that's really the only time I allowed myself to be photographed. The last one is earlier this week, the first time wearing the pants. Hopefully an elevator shot is a step up from the popular bathroom mirror shot.)

b53ee707868f757dfbe2da419dfe0016_zps7d107f3f.jpg

549bc53ee8b5aae7bb71f68489b57047_zpsa5542f01.jpg

a580d7cf53709a0abefdfe76c5b9db50_zps2b0c16b9.jpg

222084b1e4675d9fe2e25c16aa7c6ae5_zps82d0a212.jpg

Replies

• gabriellejayde
    gabriellejayde Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    wow! what a huge difference. You look fantastic!
  • pplf2001
    pplf2001 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Great job!

(And awesome dog)
  • mka06002
    Options
    Wow, that is inspiring. Love what you said about small changes...it's so true no matter what the goal is!
    Also, super cute dog!

You look great, good luck continuing your journey!
  • shinyshell55
    shinyshell55 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic and the last photo exudes confidence and determination. The small steps are totally the key to success. Keep on keeping on!!
  • Port47
    Port47 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    What an amazing difference,you look awesome,looking forward to seeing more pictures along your weight lose journey,I myself have only been with MFP 3wks.and enjoying how to add cal. exercise,etc,I still can not get over how much I am eating and still losing weight. Keep up the good work....P.S. love your dog ,what breed is it?
  • TravelDog14
    TravelDog14 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Congrats on what you've accomplished, it's a huge win for you and the interview pants.
  • LosinItAll2012
    LosinItAll2012 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Fantastic job!! You look great!! You should be so proud of how far you've come! I can't wait to see the "after" pics!!!

Keep up the great work! :flowerforyou:
  • stealthSLOTH
    stealthSLOTH Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    *high five* :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • DebraYvonne
    DebraYvonne Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    :drinker: :flowerforyou: :wink: C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S!!! i know that took a lot of hard work, tears & dedication. You have got this licked! woohoo
  • PaulaS1220
    PaulaS1220 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Wow! Awesome job.
  • 214julie
    214julie Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Awesomeness!!
  • MayMaydoesntrun
    MayMaydoesntrun Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    congratulations! You look amazing! :smile:
  • daniellegwilliam
    daniellegwilliam Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    amazing job!!!
    I love how weightloss, exercise and healthy eating does soooo much more than just change your body. Happy too hear your are enjoying life now, thats what its all about!
    Keep going, your are doing awesome....
    ps: that hat looks great on you
  • Narla444
    Narla444 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    No wonder you allowed your picture taken with your dog - He's gorgeous!

Such a huge accomplishment - way to go!
  • xaMErica
    xaMErica Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    You sir.. are doing a pretty amazing thing!! :) Keep it up! You do good every day and its motivating for me!
  • Evachiquita
    Evachiquita Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Congrats on all the positive changes!!! It will just keep getting better! :smile:
  • Mrs_Scarf
    Options
    Nice pants! :D

Great job - looking forward to reading your post in another 225 days!
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your success! I know how hard it is to break a lifetime of bad habits and your story is really inspirational. Keep up the good work! I love the pooch!
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    Good for you!

I do feel your dog should be in the most recent pic to help with comparison. ;) Just teasing of course. He's a handsome fellow and so are you!!!
  • thisisgreatsmile
    thisisgreatsmile Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I have goose bumps...thanks for the post:flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!