13»

Replies

• sinistras
    sinistras Posts: 244 Member
    Options
  • sinistras
    Options

It's where weight loss is an easy bi product of enjoying tons of veggies/fruits/beans/nuts/seeds as nature intended!

Go over your calorie limit with those things and I will guarntee you will get fat.

It is difficult to go over your calorie limit when you eat clean foods by the POUNDS in a day. Clean eating is naturally nutrient-dense and low calorie.

Here, have some more KALE!!! :-D
  • schaskes
    schaskes Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I believe in moderation and accepting my own limitations. I have lost 38 pounds by exercising, counting calories, and drinking A LOT of water. I have always eaten a lot of fruit, veggies, and chicken. I always cooked 75% of my meals, now it's more like 90%. I am moving toward fewer packaged foods and paying attention to sodium. However, I am a working mom with a VERY busy schedule of driving kids around, so when I need to buy pre-made food, I do. And I eat some light/fat free foods like ice cream and cheese. I think you need to realize that some people put more emphasis on the very specific foods they eat...others put more emphasis on the very specific exercise that they do, and others (like me) have to limit the time/energy we can spend on ourselves, so we just do the best we can.
  • ToughTulip
    ToughTulip Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options

It's where weight loss is an easy bi product of enjoying tons of veggies/fruits/beans/nuts/seeds as nature intended!

Go over your calorie limit with those things and I will guarntee you will get fat.

It is difficult to go over your calorie limit when you eat clean foods by the POUNDS in a day. Clean eating is naturally nutrient-dense and low calorie.

Not really.

High cal clean foods:
    Nuts
    Nut butters
    avocados
    olive oil
    seeds

many many dishes can be high cal and clean at the same time
  • sinistras
    Options

Not really.

High cal clean foods:
    Nuts
    Nut butters
    avocados
    olive oil
    seeds

Eating nutrient-dense in the order originally listed: veggies, fruits, beans, nuts/seeds--the body is satisfied naturally as it gets micronutrients from eating in that balance. Of course nut butters are high calorie! Nor are they the central focus (greens).
  • alanlmarshall
    alanlmarshall Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

Not really.

High cal clean foods:
    Nuts
    Nut butters
    avocados
    olive oil
    seeds

[/quote]

"Many many" equals five, apparently
  • mistesh
    mistesh Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    We have returned to eating the way we did when we were young and had time to cook. It was inexpensive and fresh. In the busy years between then and now, it wasn't fully so. There were occasional prepackaged dinners that got heated up in the microwave oven. Pizza and Chinese takeouts happened too often. Bags of precut vegetables, not to mentioned the frozen kind. Any bread was ok as long as it wasn't Wonder Bread. Didn't really think much about too much pasta or too many potatoes. We were fine because we went to Burger King just once a month and never had much candy or any donuts.

Cutting corners though doesn't make for clean living. No, processed food such as Lean Cuisine is not clean eating. Yes, you must eat real food and exercise in order to lose weight. If you eat poorly and exercise, you may gain weight due to insulin resistance. Even if you eat well, you might run into food intolerance. And you must eat enough not to stall your metabolism, which by nature decreases 5% per decade after the peak age of 25 years, and so you need to eat less. The dilemma is that if you boost your metabolism too much, you'll age faster and die sooner. Growth and decay.
  • Doctorpurple
    Doctorpurple Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    I never heard that "eating clean" replaced "calories in calories out". Eating clean only applies if you are not counting calories.
    However, I don't believe that eating healthy is expensive. I think its a common myth. You say you eat Lean cuisine everyday. Assuming you eat 3 of them a day for all your meals. Lean cuisine usually cost 2.50-4 dollars depending where you buy them. Assuming you bought them for $2.99 each. At the end of the day, you have spend $10 for just lean cuisine, still not including snack, fruits, beverages, etc. I could definitely eat healthier with the same amount of money. Theres plenty of healthy foods that are not so costly. Obviously don't be shopping at whole foods. Try trader joes or just regular grocery. When you buy meat, cut it with little pieces and include lots of vegetables. I'm curious if you have tried cooking everyday and shopping healthy groceries in the first or did you just assume they are expensive because that's what people normally say.

Yes, I do cook everyday, actually. And it's not always true, but constantly replenishing our fruit & veggie supply is costly. I spent $30 more this week than I usually do on food for the week for a family of 3 when I decided to buy more healthy options. Same store just a different healthy menu.

I'm sure that finances is important but how tight is your budget if you can give up other things to spend just a little bit of extra money to buy healthier food I think it's worth it. Although you can lose weight with anything as long as you eat below your expenditure, it will be healthier for your body to eat clean