Options
    I haven't given or taken anything in a very long time so screw this thread

tumblr_m5y65bL1ik1qjehm8.gif

tumblr_m0rbcmAWma1qmasluo2_500.gif
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    i'm a giver.

i think my wife has tried to take care of me when i am sick, but i feel guilty and usually get up and do what i need to do regardless.

husband? is that you??? images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS7pEznkq6-epuCmMZEEPnpudzg_7QCQOl5DJ7rMH6KHymhLvzx

lol.

i'm the receiver. he is the giver. no apologies. no problems.
  • RobfromLakewood
    Options
    Whenever I meet someone, I put their name on a new ledger. I then make sure I am neither more of a receiver, nor more of a giver, but instead, 100% even. I find this an extremely healthy way to live life, no matter the weird looks I get. Though in truth, I have had to send some people's information to emotional bill collectors.
  • jbutterflye
    jbutterflye Posts: 1,914 Member
    Options
    Whenever I meet someone, I put their name on a new ledger. I then make sure I am neither more of a receiver, nor more of a giver, but instead, 100% even. I find this an extremely healthy way to live life, no matter the weird looks I get. Though in truth, I have had to send some people's information to emotional bill collectors.

Do you keep a spreadsheet? cause that's so hot!
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options

This sounds like a good idea, but two people usually need two different things. My BF doesn't have the same issues I do, thus his attention to me looks different than my attention to him. (He, too, has issues that I do not.)

I mean, if it were as easy as "I bought one apple, so I'll buy you an apple", that'd be alright, but how do you keep two people even when the things you need will - inevitably - require different efforts and approaches???
  • RobfromLakewood
    Options
    @jbutterflye, I do and I just started a ledger with your name and you owe me an answer to a question.

@quirkytizzy, I set up the exchange rate, for answering your question, you owe me $2.13, but I'll bill you at the end of the month, I try not to be unreasonable to charge each time, plus my accountant appreciates it this way.
  • _DaniD_
    _DaniD_ Posts: 2,186 Member
    Options
    Receiver. Definitely.