Planning Around Drinking- What do YOU do?

Options
2»

Replies

• Erica_theRedhead
    Erica_theRedhead Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    Choice of drinks is key as well. Drinking good beers at happy hour can add up to 1000 calories easy, but sticking to liqour/soda can keep me around 400 for the happy hour. Wine is nicely in the middle. I completely avoid margaritas, daquiris, anything frozen because those can easily be 500-1000 per drink!
  • ssieben
    ssieben Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Pre night time drinking shenaies... i go low carb, heavy protein to keep me full. I also try to do my drinking in active environments, such as a club where i can shake the cals off with my booty :D On a side note..... Last friday night I had a quickie workout before going out for drinks. While getting dolled up for a night out I usually fancy myself a vodka diet coke, but after working out I thought a protein shake would be better.... SOOOO I blended a concotion of Chocolate Pro Powder, Almond Milk........ AND CHOCOLATE VODKA. SOOOOOOOOOO good!
  • Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    Options
    I am having friends over for dinner tonight and that will mean at least 2 bottles between the 4 of us.

My prep: I just finished a 1000 calorie workout on the treadmill.

Ya gotta do, what ya gotta do........:drinker:
  • spud_chick
    spud_chick Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options
    Also, if I think I'm really going to want several drinks, having a hummus & veggie plate for dinner early on seems to keep appetite, calories, and inebriation under control. So I like seeing those on the appetizer list.
  • amyniceneasy
    amyniceneasy Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I don't drink very often, not even once a month. For this reason, when I do, I can be relaxed about it. I tend to stick to vodka/rum/etc. and diet soda. My problem is i'm a light weight and when I get real tipsy I eat whatever is in front of me too. lmao

this is my problem. IF I could just have one drink I'd be ok...but I drink rarely and when I do the crap hits the fan in the food dept. Once I've got a drink or two in me I have ZERO control in the food dept.
  • spud_chick
    Options
    Pre night time drinking shenaies... i go low carb, heavy protein to keep me full. I also try to do my drinking in active environments, such as a club where i can shake the cals off with my booty :D On a side note..... Last friday night I had a quickie workout before going out for drinks. While getting dolled up for a night out I usually fancy myself a vodka diet coke, but after working out I thought a protein shake would be better.... SOOOO I blended a concotion of Chocolate Pro Powder, Almond Milk........ AND CHOCOLATE VODKA. SOOOOOOOOOO good!

Man, throw a little Kahlua in there and you've got a Skinny Russian!
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,723 Member
    Options
    Big cardio workout beforehand. Stick to vodka soda.
  • Erica_theRedhead
    Options

Man, throw a little Kahlua in there and you've got a Skinny Russian!

Best idea ever
  • Erica_theRedhead
    Options
    I just tried a new shot, Patron Cafe. It's delicious, 100 calories per shot, and its tequila so 2 of them do the job!
  • spud_chick
    Options
    I just tried a new shot, Patron Cafe. It's delicious, 100 calories per shot, and its tequila so 2 of them do the job!

I haven't had a shot in five years but I may have to check this out. I'll try almost anything a coffee bean has rubbed itself against.
  • SteveJWatson
    SteveJWatson Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    Just drink the beer if you are gonna drink!

Light beer makes the baby Jesus sad.

Try and get into a fight if you have been drinking excessively and then log the exercise...
  • agataarchangel
    agataarchangel Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Just drink the beer if you are gonna drink!

Light beer makes the baby Jesus sad.

Try and get into a fight if you have been drinking excessively and then log the exercise...

Hahaha. SO true about the light beer. I'm into Porters and Stouts myself- THE best, IMO....on the off-chance that I drink light beer I go for Michelob Ultra.

Man, we don't have cool skinny drinks or shots up here. There is so much variety down south!
  • stoked2b
    stoked2b Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    www.getdrunknotfat.com

Lists the best bang for your buck. Or calorie, rather.
  • agataarchangel
    agataarchangel Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    www.getdrunknotfat.com

Lists the best bang for your buck. Or calorie, rather.

Sweet, never hear of that site.... thanks!