Missed 2 days of Insanity - how to pick it up again

Options
For a couple different reasons, I missed Wednesday and Thursday of Week 2 on Insanity. Now it's Friday, and I'm ready to go again, just not sure if it's the best thing to go back and do Wednesday's workout or if I should just pick it up today with Friday's workout...any tips?

Thanks! :)

Replies

• jnh17
    jnh17 Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    I'd do Friday and Saturday, then start OVER with Week 2 so you actually do the entire (well, it will be more) program. The hardest part about Insanity is the 6 day a week schedule -- you just can't make up a missed workout. I did Insanity twice -- if I knew there was a day I was going to have to miss, I at least did all 5 workouts for the week and cut-out the recovery day.
  • LuluGirl140
    LuluGirl140 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    ^^ Agreed!!
  • jrompola
    jrompola Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    For a couple different reasons, I missed Wednesday and Thursday of Week 2 on Insanity. Now it's Friday, and I'm ready to go again, just not sure if it's the best thing to go back and do Wednesday's workout or if I should just pick it up today with Friday's workout...any tips?

Thanks! :)

Do you consider this a 60 day workout or a life change? I'm hoping you consider it a life change and if you do don't worry about missed workouts. Just pick it up from where you left off and keep at it!!
  • alasin1derland
    alasin1derland Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Probably not a popular answer but when this happened to me, I combined the Wednesday Thursday workout on Friday, then I did the Friday workout on Saturday and Saturday workout on Sunday. I figured I already had 2 days off so it was ok to work out on Sunday.
  • kls13la
    kls13la Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I would just start with the Wednesday workout and go from there.
  • tracybewick
    Options
    I'm on day 41....I'd make them up on your rest days, so continue your programme but Over next 2 weeks miss your rest day and do the workout you missed.
    It's hard but insanity isn't easy, good luck, it's worth it
  • rlv2680
    rlv2680 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    yup do Wednesday...pick up where you left off and workout on your day off.
  • RoShAn2010
    RoShAn2010 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'd do Friday and Saturday, then start OVER with Week 2 so you actually do the entire (well, it will be more) program. The hardest part about Insanity is the 6 day a week schedule -- you just can't make up a missed workout. I did Insanity twice -- if I knew there was a day I was going to have to miss, I at least did all 5 workouts for the week and cut-out the recovery day.

Totally agree with most of this. I wouldn't make up the missed days on your rest day. I've done Insanity twice already and in my third cycle now. The first time I did it, I made up missed workouts on the rest day and totally burned myself out. There is a reason why there is a rest day and recovery day in this program. Definitely don't agree with skipping either! Good luck :)
  • AngieD2203
    AngieD2203 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I personally, would have picked up where i left of except skipped Cardio Recovery to play catchup....
  • giusa
    giusa Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Just missed 2 days and was looking for recommendations on how to get back on track....thanks.