Does anyone weigh more the morning after a work out

Options
For some reason after a work out the next morning I weigh more... Could that be because I ate some of my exercise calories back ????

Replies

• nwg74
    nwg74 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Water retention in the muscles to help repairing. It is temporary.
  • MG_Fit
    MG_Fit Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    That and if you drink a ton of water when you workout, it'll add the unnecessary weight. It's funny I just did this test today. Last night I weighed almost 2 lbs less then I did after my workout this morning. But then again, I drink about a gallon of water.
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    It has nothing to do with eating back exercise calories or drinking a ton of water: you should be doing that.

It's glycogen and water retention. As long as your muscles are repairing themselves from the workout, they will hold both glycogen and water. It should go away within 48 hours of your last workout.
  • MG_Fit
    MG_Fit Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    It has nothing to do with eating back exercise calories or drinking a ton of water: you should be doing that.

It's glycogen and water retention. As long as your muscles are repairing themselves from the workout, they will hold both glycogen and water. It should go away within 48 hours of your last workout.

Damn, is there anything you don't know?