Fitbit?

Options
I always see people talk about fitbits on here.. I did a little but of research and found out what they are. But how well do they actually work? Is it worth the investment? What's your experience with them?

Replies

• charlottelea
    charlottelea Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Bought one about a month ago. Lost about 6lbs but have stalled over the past 12 days. Its helped me understand my "busy times" (when i'm up and around) and underlined the fact that I did nothing on the weekend. I have a really busy job and spend all day walking around so when I wasnt in work on the weekends i'd still eat but would be practically inactive.

Fitbit adjusts your calories depending on your activeness during the day and so its an incentive to get going if nothing else.
  • sprintto50
    sprintto50 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I bought one a month ago, and I use it every day. It is synched with MFP and MFP adjusts my calorie allowance depending on how active I have been. I find it a bit of a game to see how many steps I can do in a day. It has worked for me to keep me motivated and I have lost 8 pounds in the past month. I just got the Fitbit Zip and it does the trick for what I wanted.
  • Bell519
    Bell519 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I have a couple friends who both have the fitbit one, and they both love it. The device tracks your movement 24/7 and is completely customizable to the individual so that your daily figured calorie burn is more accurate to you not just a standard. This is not a HRM which for some means that it won't have as much appeal. I myself love the idea of something that will tell me my actual daily calorie burn, not just during a workout and that will also track my sleep quality. It is also able to be synced with MFP so that all of your data is in one place. The biggest problem that I have with the current model the fitbit one is that it clips on you and I could see where that would become a pain to keep up with. That will no longer be a worry though since they are releasing a new model in spring (fitbit flex) that you actually wear on your wrist like a bracelet making wearing it all the time much less of a hassle. I guess rather or not it is worth the money depends on if you are one of the types that does better with constant feedback to motivate you or if you can motivate yourself just fine by setting and sticking to goals. I myself am extremely competitive and if I saw that I took say 1500 steps yesterday or burned x amount of calories total I'd wanna one up it the next day.

Hope that helps or answers your question to a degree anyways ;-)