Lifestyle Change?

Options
Many people on this site are sick of yo-yo dieting and are really hoping to make a lasting change - me included :)

I've gained all my weight in the last 5 years as I've had 4 children, and didn't take care of my body during or in between pregnancies. Now,that I've had my 4th baby, it's time to reclaim this body! I started out at 193 pounds (5'8")and am now down to 166 pounds. I started by just changing my eating habits. Then January 1st I started 30 day shred - I completed it with a huge sense of accomplishment. Now I'm on week two of Insanity, and I hate it every single second lol - it's SO hard!!

I've been doing some thinking, and I want to bounce this question off a few people. My goal weight is around 140 pounds/size 6 somewhere in there. I love my husband and kids and want to become a more active family together - biking, hiking swimming, skiing etc. and while I'm doing the workout dvd's now, I don't feel like it's something that I want to continue AFTER I've lost the weight. It's a huge bite out of the time I have to spend with my kids and cleaning house etc., but it's a short term sacrifice I'm willing to make to get IN TO shape, but not something I want to sacrifice for the rest of my life. My hope is to KEEP the weight off by watching what I eat and being naturally active. Am I setting myself up to fail - is it unwise to start a routine that I have no intention of continuing on with once the weight is gone?

I'd love to hear any success stories of people that hit the gym etc. to lose the weight then started another routine to just maintain. I have no desire to have a 6 pack abs or buns of steel, it's just not something that fits my life right now to work that hard. I really want to be healthy to set an example for my kids, to be hot for my husband and to feel great and look great in clothes.

Replies

• now_or_never13
    now_or_never13 Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    Can you do your videos a few times a week but than get your exercise in by doing an activity with your family the rest of the week?

It's best to build into a routine now before you get to your goal weight, stop doing the dvds and end up getting lazy or lax with the exercise.
  • deannajf4
    deannajf4 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    That's a good idea! Thank you!