Replies

• KadyLosingItx2
    KadyLosingItx2 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all your lists :)
  • dakotawitch
    dakotawitch Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    We feed one ovo-lacto vegetarian and one flexitarian (me), and here's a basic list

Carrots
    Celery
    Broccoli
    Onions
    Garlic
    Soy or almond milk
    Soy coffee creamer
    Yogurt (Greek and low-fat dairy)
    Cheese (dairy, full fat)
    Eggs
    Tofu
    Morningstar Farms Veggie Bacon
    Morningstar Farms Grillers Crumbles (hamburger substitute)
    Morningstar Farms Chikn Strips
    Tempeh (sometimes anyway)
    Canned or dried beans
    Bell peppers
    Cauliflower
    Chickpeas
    Hummus
    Salad greens
    Lean cold cuts (for my work snacks)
    String cheese (for my work snacks)
    Veggie juice
    Some type of berries
    Apples or oranges
    Coffee
    Tea
    Mushrooms
    Rice
    Peanut or almond butter
    Bulk nuts (almond, pecan, and walnuts most of the time)
    Whole grain pasta
    Canned tomatoes or good quality jarred pasta sauce
    Agave nectar

We don't get all of these things every week -- we meal plan once a week, so some items rotate on or off the list depending on what we're cooking and what's in the pantry/freezer and and what's on sale. We'll stock up when things on on sale and freeze things if needed.
  • THExNEKOxCHAN
    THExNEKOxCHAN Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I get my vegetables and fruit at a small veggie shop up the street. Locally owned, with seasonal veg. I also grow a lot of veggies for us in our garden.

I buy my raw milk from a family on the other side of town. I buy my free range eggs (both chicken, duck AND quail) the same way.

I get some meat (mostly game, like wallaby and rabbit) from the friends who like to hunt, and beef from a friend who raises steers (when she has it available). The rest is bought from the store. usually beef, lamb and pork, some chicken. I buy sausages and other cuts of meat from a local butcher.

I try to buy my fish and sea food from the local seafood shops.

My honey comes from the honey shop, or from friends with bees. I often make my own yogurt and kefir, and veggie ferments.

My husband buys milk, bread, a variety of chips, crackers and cookies, chocolate, pasta, tinned fish and tomatoes, cheese, yogurt, etc. from the store.
  • sallyaj
    sallyaj Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    This week:

Coffee
    Heavy Cream
    Eggs
    Butter
    Sour cream
    Bacon
    Chicken
    Ground beef
    Avocado
    Lettuce
    Red bell pepper
    Cauliflower
    Zucchini
    Nuts
    Olives
    Pickles
    Cheese
    Soprosata
    Wine
  • fuzzymop55
    fuzzymop55 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    milk, 80/20 ground beef, turkey breast fillet, thick boneless pork chops, fat free cottage cheese, greek yogurt, healthy life high fiber 35cal wheat bread, low cal tortillas, low fat or fat free cheese [except the philadelphia cream cheese added to mozzarella kraft makes it]. bertolli garlic and onion pasta sauce [when im too lazy to make my own]. great northern white beans for white turkey chili. 98%fat free low sodium chicken stock or broth, tomatoes, cucumbers, onions, avocados, fingerling potatoes, ore ida crinkle fries, greek frozen yogurt, v8 juice, diet ocean spray juice, frozen veggies, frozen waffles for easy breakfast for kid, dulce de leche cheerios, low cal low sodium canned soups, this is just some of the things i picked up at the store.

Usually i'll make mini meatloaf's in muffin tins whether it be ground turkey or beef. betty crocker makes an 80 cal/serving mash potato instant stuff that is around a buck a pouch. i try to keep the pasta to twice a month because i feel that eating half a cup of spaghetti is pointless. Pillsbury make an artisan pizza dough that is easy and quick to make a pizza out of and is pretty low cal/carb. sometimes i even use the Pillsbury seamless crescent dough and make mini hot pockets. usually make a big pot of turkey or white chicken chili and freeze up.hard boiled eggs, salads, grilled veggies, home made soups all are good and easy to make. Most of the meals I tend to cook are under half hour cook time unless i throw them in the crock pot.
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    whole grain bread, bagel thins, sandwich flats, shirataki noodles, lots of produce (romaine lettuce, eggplant, spaghetti squash, peppers, onion, tomatos, cucumbers, mushrooms, apples, pears, bananas, avocados, blueberries, etc) quinoa, cottage cheese, vanilla and plain greek yogurt, pb2, kashi cereals, cheerios, quick oats (a large canister), whole grain pasta, brown rice, salsa, whole grain low carb tortillas, low fat string cheese, tofurkey, veg burgers, meatless balls, meatless crumbles, olive oil, feta cheese, low fat mozarella, laughing cow light, beer, wine, fiber one cereal and bars, nature valley granola bars, frozen veggies (spinach, stir fry blend, peppers and onions), wheat thins, progresso light soups, vegetable broth to make soups, black beans, chick peas, naturally delicious salad dressing, zevia soda, vitamin water zero, wheat gluten, apple butter, 1% milk, unsweetened coconut milk, eggs/egg whites
  • Lisa__Michelle
    Lisa__Michelle Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    -bananas
    -spinach
    -ground turkey
    -lean ground beef
    -eggs
    -frozen fruit
    -asparagus
    -bell pepper
    -cilantro
    -frozen veggies
    -whole wheat bread
    -turkey lunch meat
    -Velveeta 35 calorie cheese
    -hummus
    -crackers
    -English muffins
    -pizza sauce
    -turkey pepperoni
    -lean cuisines
  • gfedex
    gfedex Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I shop a couple times per week, so I'll get what happens to be on sale (this week it was peppers and an avocado), in addition to the regulars:

-Oil-packed tuna
    -sweet potatoes
    -cauliflower
    -light cream or half-and-half
    -carrots
    -eggs
    -fruit of some kind (this week it was oranges)
    -tea
    -coffee
  • kajpurdue
    kajpurdue Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    eggs, two or three different types of fresh fruit, fresh veggies to steam for dinners, whatever fresh fish looks best (usually tilapia and salmon), turkey bacon, greek yogurt, salad, frozen grilled chicken strips (to warm up quick and throw on any salad to get my protein in). Those things are on every grocery list.