Help me buy whey protein powder? (brand advice)

Options
Can anyone recommend a whey protein powder brand and flavour? Then again, I'm just at walmart so there aren't too many options. I just dont want to get something that tastes like dirt.

I was thinking maybe the strawberry Body Fortress brand? They have six star and Pure Protein and Muscle milk but i'm just looking to get more protein in my diet for less cals.

Thank you!

Replies

• augiedad
    Options
    gaspari nutrition myofusion, chocolate peanut butter. Flavor to die for!
  • Pinkigloopyxie
    Options
    Thank you, they don't have that brand here though... there is a cvs or... some sort of vitamin store nearby but I'm rather afraid of the prices, honestly, which is why I stopped at walmart first.
  • datmnky
    datmnky Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    i use iso100 bananna flavor.. has good protein in it, and has no carbs or extra BS
  • YAYJules
    YAYJules Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I like vanilla muscle milk, it's decent, and if you feel like a change of pace in flavor, you can always add some cacao powder ( unsweetened baker's cocoa, essentially-- like 10 cals for a tablespoon) to make it taste like chocolate (you can't change chocolate into vanilla though.)
  • _noob_
    _noob_ Posts: 3,306 Member
    Options
    Ignore everyone else and buy this:

image_24157_450_white.jpg
  • johnhubbs
    johnhubbs Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    iso low cal
  • augiedad
    Options
    Thank you, they don't have that brand here though... there is a cvs or... some sort of vitamin store nearby but I'm rather afraid of the prices, honestly, which is why I stopped at walmart first.
    [/quote

Check online, bodybuilding.com or amazon.com Better prices, better quality
  • d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    Options
    iForce Red Velvet and other flavors are some of the best on the market right now.

After that XF Cinnamon roll is the BOMB..

Anyone that says ON tastes better then XF or iForce is CRAAAAAAAZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZYYYYYYY and most likely hasn't tried many protein powder brands. iForce, XF, Trutein all have better flavoring than ON, especially since the flavoring person for ON left a couple years ago.

Another interesting protein.. AI Sports brought out Pea Protein, it has some interesting health benefits to it. They have pumpkin pie and candy cane flavoring. I've had the pumpkin pie flavoring. It's alright.

Price wise.. Try

Nutra Planet
    Lockout Supplements
    orbitnutrition

They are usually going to be cheaper then bodybuilding or amazon.
  • MightyDomo
    MightyDomo Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition is probably one of the best and can run pricey.

Six Star Pro Nutrition is low priced, mixes pretty well and has good flavor. Great for those on a budget.

Protogen is inbetween the two but still pretty well priced, mixes very well and has surprisingly good flavor.

Those are my suggestions.
  • d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    Options
    I'm not trying to single anyone out, so many people say Optimum Nutrition is the best, you guys really need to try Xtreme Formulations, Trutein, iForce, and some of the other premium guys out. They are $$$ but they are amazing. The one thing about Optimum Nutrition is cost wise it'll be cheaper then the rest unless they are on sale.

I do recommend people mix it up. Having multiple flavors on hand it nice. Remember you can cook and do a lot of different things with protein powders, it's very versatile.

You can make ice cream, deserts, pies, cakes, sludge, cookies, fudge, use it for rubs, and etc... :-)
  • bcf7683
    bcf7683 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options

Exactly why I wandered into this thread. That's what I was going to say.
  • chimp517
    chimp517 Posts: 185 Member
    Options

• bcf7683
    bcf7683 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    If you want to buy it online, I can send you a coupon code to Vitacost.com for $10 off $30 or more. I just got a 5lb tub of the Double Rich Chocolate ON for $43.

Send me a message if you're interested :drinker:
  • Anthonydaman
    Anthonydaman Posts: 854 Member
    Options

Agreed, highest profile of aminos for your dollar
  • links_slayer
    links_slayer Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options

tru dat

mocha cappuccino ftw
  • jenniekw
    jenniekw Posts: 104
    Options
    I have been buying the Body Fortress for a year now in Chocolate. EAS is good too.
  • petreebird
    petreebird Posts: 344 Member
    Options

^^ THIS^^
    Regular price at the Vitamin Store is the sale price at GNC....definitely go to the Vitamin Store!!
  • Melo1966
    Melo1966 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    But telling them to buy online is not getting the OP some today at Walmart.

Until you order the good stuff get one of the others to get you started. Muscle Milk is sweeter but the Body Fortress has more protein and not bad, I like the chocolate I have been told by others the strawberry is good.:drinker:
  • _noob_
    _noob_ Posts: 3,306 Member
    Options
    But telling them to buy online is not getting the OP some today at Walmart.

Until you order the good stuff get one of the others to get you started. Muscle Milk is sweeter but the Body Fortress has more protein and not bad, I like the chocolate I have been told by others the strawberry is good.:drinker:

muscle milk is meal replacement, the body fortress is just a powder. Muscle milk light is good and decent as a powder, but regular muscle milk has too many cals from things other than protein.
  • DoneBroughtSexyBack
    Options
    MusclePharm's "Combat Powder" is by far the best thing out there. Amazing blend of proteins and tastes amazing! There is a reason MusclePharm has won awards for the best supplements on the market. I have had Cookies&Cream and Orange Creamsickle, both taste amazing.