wt loss at 40

Options
Hi I am new here, I am going to be 40 this year and decided it's time to make changes for myself, I am a Massage Therapist and I love my Job I have 3 kids,And a wonderful husband I am tired of always thinking about my wt to the point it was consuming my every thought, I joined a Gym 5 months ago and found every excuse not to go,
Something happened about a month ago I guess I had an mental break through and decided it's now or never so I started back at the Gym,5 days a week I am registering for my first 5K and I am determined I am going to do this for ME, I always do for others, so know it's my turn
My fitness Pal has really helped me keep things in perspective!!!:drinker:

Replies

• lahollis
    lahollis Posts: 11
    Options
    I am much like you. I am 45 and have two grown kids at home. I do for everyone and now it is my time, I have been off track in the last few months but I am back now. I am eating right and working out. I am feeling so much better all ready. I am combining the treadmill with the elliptical and it is working great. I found only using the elliptical was really hard and I would get frustrated because I couldn't stay on long. But now I am on the treadmill for 25 min. then go to the elliptical for 20. So much better.
  • ttkg
    ttkg Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome! It sounds like you finally realized YOU were worth the effort, and you are! Sometimes life, marriages, kids, jobs - we put all of them first instead of ourselves. My perspective is we are all a 'water well' and if our well dries up then we are of no use to those around us, you have to take care of yourself so you can take care of others.

You've taken a great first step, congratulations. For me FP and my personal trainer at my gym have been life savers. I log absolutely every morsel I put into my mouth and I email him with this every day. It really keeps me accountable.

I wish you health and happiness as you make these great strides towards your goal of a healthier lifestyle. What I recommend is that if you have an off day, put it out of your mind and get back on track ASAP, one day should never turn into 2 or 3, or worse a week or a month.

You are worth the effort, keep up the great work.
  • bobbyboy16
    Options
    Hi guys

Here I am in jolly old england and based in Oxford. I am 55 and suddenly after many years this middle age spread has crept up on me. I have decided to do something about it and hope to keep to my plan set up tonight. its a rather tough 1100 calcs a day but hope to shed a stone in 5 weeks, hopefully of the middle bit. Resisting the red wine will be tough but here goes

Hope to combine this with some excercise on my new sking glider and told i can clear 100 cals a day.

Lets hope i can reach my target weight of 13 stone

Good luck to everyone I will need it
  • mindiejean
    mindiejean Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    just checking my signature
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    congrats on your breakthrough! keep it up, and welcome to MFP!

blessings.
  • RoosterB
    RoosterB Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Good luck with that. Doesn't sound like many cals intake per day.
    Does red wine really make such a difference? I'm thinking a couple of glasses at the weekend.

S