What are Net Calories?

Options
Can someone please explain this to me ? I get really confused. Some people say yeah eat it all back. Like for example my calorie goal is 1400. I ate 1317. Worked out and now I have 545. My net calories is 855... but what does it mean? Thank you I would appreciate it!

Replies

• benol1
    benol1 Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Hi

Net calories = food calories - exercise calories.

Your daily calorie goal will go up if you log your exercise calories.
    That is because MFP daily calorie goal provides you with a calorie deficit so as to assist you meet your weight loss goal.
    Most people find weight loss easier by eating back most of their exercise calories.
    kind regards,

Ben
  • EpicMeyri
    EpicMeyri Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Ok thank you! Helped me understand a lot. But would I still lose weight if I eat my exercise calories back?
  • HMart26
    HMart26 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    As long as the added calories are still under or at your calorie goal, in theory, yes!

Best of Luck!
  • angelofmercy106
    angelofmercy106 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    When you follow the low carb diet. you actually count grams of Net Carbs, which represent the total carbohydrate content of the food minus the fiber content. The Net Carbs number reflects the grams of carbohydrate that significantly impact your blood sugar level and therefore are the only carbs you need to count when you do low carb. Foods that are low in Net Carbs such as nutrient-dense vegetables and fruits don’t have a significant impact on blood sugar and therefore are less likely to interfere with weight loss
  • TammyS327
    TammyS327 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I try not to eat the calories I "gain" from exercising. There is the special occasion, like last nights Valentines dinner, where I eat some of my exercise calories, but that is a rarity. I feel better mentally and physically if I dont eat up my hard work, so to speak.