Lemonade diet.

U kno the diet with lemons cayenne pepper syrup and water. Anybody ever did it or attempted to do it??

I'm no longer interested but I was at one point but I kno me and I kno I wouldn't last 1 day just drinking lemonade let alone 10-20days.

Replies

• jjrichard83
    jjrichard83 Posts: 483 Member
    i kno a lot of peeps on here would flame u 4 asking! jk.

fad diets dun work long term neways! Healthy 4lyfe changes do!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,916 Member
    I heard if you rub lemons on your face, it removes freckles.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • ashleey1000
    ashleey1000 Posts: 256 Member
    i kno a lot of peeps on here would flame u 4 asking! jk.

fad diets dun work long term neways! Healthy 4lyfe changes do!

Of course they would lol but I'm not doing it nor interested in it. Just wanna kno pols experiences lol. I'm healthy all the way!
  • KishaO
    KishaO Posts: 17 Member
    U kno the diet with lemons cayenne pepper syrup and water. Anybody ever did it or attempted to do it??

I'm no longer interested but I was at one point but I kno me and I kno I wouldn't last 1 day just drinking lemonade let alone 10-20days.

It does work but you are basiclly starving...and it not worth the few pounds that your going to drop.
  • TNR32
    TNR32 Posts: 110 Member
    My brothers daughter did it a few times to jump start weight loss...but would end up so lightheaded after a couple of days that I just don't think its worth even trying.
  • efirkey
    efirkey Posts: 298 Member
    I did the lemonade diet minus the cayenne pepper for four days. Without the cayenne pepper it really tasted like lemonade.

I couldn't go longer than four days. I was extremely hungry. I will say I was very focused and sharp days three and four.

I wasn't trying to lose weight. I was just trying something different.
  • jmcreynolds91
    jmcreynolds91 Posts: 777 Member
    my husband and i gave it a try a couple years ago. We lasted about 5 days then HAD to have food, so we got mcdonalds ha!!. Definitely not worth it, you have to buy soooo many lemons and it gets so expensive. The maple syrup has to be real and that, too is expensive. I'd rather eat FOOD, and exercise,and do it the RIGHT way.
  • It's mainly a detoxification diet with the added bonus of losing weight. You are giving your digestive tract and other organs a rest from breaking down solid foods. When I do it, I usually drink around 12 glasses a day and don't get hungry... I'm consuming about 1200 calories. I'll have a tbsp of maple syrup in case I forget to drink the lemonade for awhile or feel my stomach rumbling. It actually tastes really pleasant to me. I think the cayenne pepper gives it a nice kick. It takes a few attempts to get the amount of each ingredient right to suit your tastebuds. Here's a site with a lot of information on the lemonade diet in the event you're thinking of giving it a shot.

http://www.TheLemonadeSite.com
  • SwimFan1981
    SwimFan1981 Posts: 1,430 Member
    f1013d0b_909263d6_2291482-not_sure_if_serious.jpeg
  • ChristinaR720
    ChristinaR720 Posts: 1,186
    No....Just, no.... Lose weight the right way! I know people who have tried losing weight the way you are proposing, and the weight ALWAYS comes back.
  • Sqeekyjojo
    Sqeekyjojo Posts: 704 Member
    [starts countdown timer]

I wonder when this is going to be locked?

ETA: you aren't suggesting that freckles are a bad thing that need to be bleached, are you?

:)
  • SteveJWatson
    SteveJWatson Posts: 1,225 Member
    It's mainly a detoxification diet with the added bonus of losing weight. You are giving your digestive tract and other organs a rest from breaking down solid foods. When I do it, I usually drink around 12 glasses a day and don't get hungry... I'm consuming about 1200 calories. I'll have a tbsp of maple syrup in case I forget to drink the lemonade for awhile or feel my stomach rumbling. It actually tastes really pleasant to me. I think the cayenne pepper gives it a nice kick. It takes a few attempts to get the amount of each ingredient right to suit your tastebuds. Here's a site with a lot of information on the lemonade diet in the event you're thinking of giving it a shot.

http://www.TheLemonadeSite.com

Hahahahaha tell us another one, go on!