fitbit zip

Options
my wife got me a fit bit zip for v day!!! and i was wanting some feedback from other users of the device, is the calorie adjustment legit, seems like a lot to me, is the the step count really accurate so on and so on ext., any experiences or opinions would be appreciated

Replies

• Tryinonemoretime
    Tryinonemoretime Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I am hoping someone answers you cuz I would like to know also. I am looking into buying one since no one got me one for Valentine's Day! lol
  • lorcart
    lorcart Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    There's a group for Fitbit users on MFP http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/1307-fitbit-users
    I have had a lot of stupid questions...and there are some very well informed, smart people in that group.
  • craigfinch
    Options
    so far it seems really cool i like it a lot, but i just don't want over or under do it with the calorie adjustment ,with it being attached to my fitness pal
  • terri0527
    terri0527 Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    I have one and I could never get it to sync with my computer. So now it's just sitting on the desk, collecting dust. :ohwell: I also do more than just walking and running so when I did those other workouts, I don't think it gives an accurate amount of calories burned. Buying a polar hrm soon so guess I'll just stick with that.
  • eyeshuh
    eyeshuh Posts: 333
    Options
    I've only had my Fitbit for a little over a week, but it's calorie count and step count have been very accurate for me so far. :)

I think a lot of people on here get so afraid of eating over their calories that they seriously underestimate how much they actually burn during the day. Trust in the Fitbit! Fitbit knows all!
  • Tryinonemoretime
    Tryinonemoretime Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    There's a group for Fitbit users on MFP http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/1307-fitbit-users
    I have had a lot of stupid questions...and there are some very well informed, smart people in that group.

Thanks for the link!!!!
  • eyeshuh
    Options
    Also, if you're diary is accurate, you are not eating nearly enough for a male. I am a small female and I NET more than you most days, let alone how much I actually consume. Trust the MFP calories and don't try to create such a huge deficit for yourself.
  • craigfinch
    Options
    yes my diary is correct i just looked at yours is your calories gained in your diary from your fitbit adjustment most days and have you been able to continue to lose with a full slate of calories consumed on average daily as it seems you get real close most days
  • ruffneck813
    ruffneck813 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I've had a Fitbit One for approx 2 months now and it's working great at counting steps, distance, etc. I also use it to track my sleep just for fun because. The only false readings I get from it are "floors climbed". I also change (if necessary) the calories burned when I use a treadmill or elliptical because it can vary depending on what level you are doing so it's more accurate that way. I've linked it with my fitness pal and it really helps me stay motivated and try harder!! It's a great addition to my weight loss plan and I love it!
  • eyeshuh
    Options
    yes my diary is correct i just looked at yours is your calories gained in your diary from your fitbit adjustment most days and have you been able to continue to lose with a full slate of calories consumed on average daily as it seems you get real close most days

Yup! I am only trying to lose half a pound a week since I am so close to my goal, and this week with my Fitbit has been no different. I fully expect to post another loss on Monday once I've brought my sodium levels back down (I am visibly retaining water lol).

My Fitbit adjustment looks gigantic because 1) I never bothered to update my activity level when it really should have been on "active" and not "lightly active" but it doesn't matter now that fitbit just does the math and 2) I leave my Fitbit on when I do most exercises since I am a runner so my runs and plyometrics translate well to Fitbit tracking. I also started tracking my exercise videos on the Fitbit website instead of on MFP, so that all my exercise calories would be nicely bundled in my adjustment.