pastry craving

Options
amye353
amye353 Posts: 21 Member
Ok-I've been staying seriously on track the last 3 days. I'm really trying to have a successful week. However, I have been craving a donut, a pastry, whatever kind of pastry I can get. Thank goodness these are not easily accessible! Does anyone think I should maybe give in at the end of my week (if I was good) and eat 1 glazed donut, if I'm still craving it?

Replies

• amye353
    Options
    Ok-I've been staying seriously on track the last 3 days. I'm really trying to have a successful week. However, I have been craving a donut, a pastry, whatever kind of pastry I can get. Thank goodness these are not easily accessible! Does anyone think I should maybe give in at the end of my week (if I was good) and eat 1 glazed donut, if I'm still craving it?
  • deanea
    deanea Posts: 1,437
    Options

Do it!!!!:wink:
  • Helawat
    Helawat Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Do it as long as it's within your daily goals and you're willing to cut back if needed, or exercise to make up for the pastry..
  • watch48win
    watch48win Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    I'll tell you what I made last week using Pillsbury pre-made pasteycrust.

You unroll it , and using a bisquit cutter made 16 rounds ( approx 3 inches across)..When you have left over just ball the extra up and roll out. Put either 7 chocolate chips on one side or a small piece of dark chocolate, fold the pastry over and crimp the edges with a fork. Place on baking sheet with either parchment paper or a silpat, brush with egg ( I used egg beaters) sprinkle lightly with pure cane suger or regular suger, prick the middle of each with a fork and then bake at 425 for about 10 mins or golden brown.

This took care of my pasty cravings....
  • amye353
    Options
    this sounds yummy! Thanks for the idea!