Questions about HRM..

Options
I have a Polar FT7, I have had it since the beginning of December. I just changed the battery out in the transmitter about 2 weeks ago. I find it has a hard time picking up my heart rate, and at times when it does it is crazy high (200+).

Would anyone have any ideas why it's doing that or what to do to keep it reading properly?

Replies

• kwilliams386
    kwilliams386 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I haven't had that problem, but I heard some people say it helped to wet it more and wear it higher, I wear mine under my bra. If it keeps up I would call the manufacture and see if they might replace it for you.
  • megannxx
    megannxx Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    I've tried re-wetting it, and even tightening it more. There have been times when I would wear it for 10-15 minutes and then it would jump to 200 or more. I'm going to see if changing the battieries again will help. If not, I think I will have to contact them.
  • megannxx
    Options
    Well I changed the battery in the watch and it seemed to help for A DAY!! Anyone have any other suggestions? Or recommend a different HRM?
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    Have you washed the strap well to make sure the contact strips are clean? People have also said underwire in a bra can throw it off. IMHO Polar is the best you can get.
  • megannxx
    Options
    I wash it once to twice a week, and usually have a workout bra/shirt on during exercise. I LOVED using it until it started not sensing properly and it irritates me.
  • trigirl25
    Options
    I'm pretty sure that model has a universal reset button. Check you manual, and if you can, do a full reset on it. It means you'll lose your settings & anything else stored in the watch, but if it solves the problem, it will be worth it. Otherwise, you're probably going to end up sending it in to Polar. The turn things around quickly, but you'll still be without it for a couple of weeks.