Breakfast
    Lunch 1
    Lunch 2
    Dinner

And usually 2-3 snacks!
  • courtney_love2001
    courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
    Options
    Breakfast at 7, lunch at 1, snack at 3, dinner at 6. Try not to eat after that, but it happens sometimes. I eat 1400 a day, with the biggest percentage at dinner and the others pretty equal (600, 300). I used to eat a snack at 10, but I eat a high protein/fat breakfast so I can be sustained without having to eat something boring in class.
  • Missouwechanged
    Missouwechanged Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    I eat at least 5 small meals a day.
  • TheMotherAwesome
    TheMotherAwesome Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I'm with the five-timers - three main meals, two healthy snacks. Sometimes even a low-cal dessert if I can squeeze one in. :)
  • _Bunnytown
    _Bunnytown Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    <3 tea
  • imagymrat
    imagymrat Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I eat 6-8x's a day, but my days are 18 hours long, i'm aiming around 1300-1500 ..but I don't stess if I go over, it's not about being bang on that number everyday, I take it a week at a time.
  • tutujoli
    tutujoli Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    three meals and two snacks. :)
  • SewRue
    SewRue Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    If it's a work week I eat about 5 or 6 small meals. Usually yogurt, fruit and granola for breakfast. Then either fruit or vegetable for a snack. Lunch is between 300 to 400 calories. Another snack later. I have classes after work so I have to plan way in advance for dinner. But I like to eat a snack less than 200 calories in between meals. It keeps my metabolism going. Which is good for long days.
  • sunnysashka
    sunnysashka Posts: 296
    Options
    Big breakfast (around 500 cal) at 8 am,
    snack around 10-10.30 am (100 cal)
    lunch 12.30 pm (400 cal or less)
    dinner 5.30 pm (300 cal or less)

I do around 1200 cal a day if I don't workout, and 1500 if I do.
  • TwentyTen
    TwentyTen Posts: 585
    Options
    Hard not to notice .. It seems to me that those who are eating the most often, are also losing the most weight. Duly noted!!
  • AprilChampion
    AprilChampion Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Hard not to notice .. It seems to me that those who are eating the most often, are also losing the most weight. Duly noted!!

thats what i noticed as well

***note to everyone that responded*** - thanks for all the responses! its been fascinating seeing just how many people eat differently. :) ( sorry i havent responded before now, ive been busy doing house wife "STUFF")
  • jclguru
    jclguru Posts: 123
    Options
    I only eat twice a day...1pm and midnite (I work midnites). I've never fallen for that eat more
    than 3 times a day to keep your metabolism up. I've always maintained that if you keep the
    same schedule, your body knows when to burn and not to burn. I've been doing this since
    last May and I've had no problems whatsoever in losing.

Doug
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Options
    I log 3 meals a day at between 350 and 500 each, but usually save part of my meal for a snack in the morning and one in the evening. In the beginning, I ate every 2 hours but it seemed I was always hungry and never quite satisfied. Eating more at meals worked for me and now I'm never hungry.
  • AprilChampion
    AprilChampion Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I log 3 meals a day at between 350 and 500 each, but usually save part of my meal for a snack in the morning and one in the evening. In the beginning, I ate every 2 hours but it seemed I was always hungry and never quite satisfied. Eating more at meals worked for me and now I'm never hungry.

Really? i find if i eat every two to three hours im always satisfied, sometimes still satisfied ( because i never have that OVERLY FULL feeling) after the last meal, especially if i eat something that has a lot of fiber in it.
  • klybarger
    klybarger Posts: 214
    Options
    Well, yesterday was one meal - I ate all day long TOM! But usually 3 meals with 2-3 snacks.
  • sonjavon
    sonjavon Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    5-8 times a day depending on what time I get up in the morning. I've been getting up at 5 this week... so my schedule has been as follows:
    6AM - Snack (Fruit and cheese)
    8AM - Breakfast (Eggs, rice cake, veggie)
    10AM - Snack (Fruit and nuts)
    12PM - Lunch (depends... )
    2PM - Snack (veggies)
    4 or 5PM - Snack (apple and raw veggies)
    6 or 7PM - dinner
    8PM - dessert or popcorn (depending on calories left and hunger - I REFUSE to not have something when DH and DS hit the ice cream! LOL)

Without the snacks - I don't get my veggies and fruits in and if I don't get those in I don't feel "right".
  • ShottaB
    ShottaB Posts: 29
    Options
    That is soooo true. There's my answer, I'll start doing 5 meals a day. Thanks for all your posts.
  • chandnikhondji
    chandnikhondji Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I eat when i am hungry, i cannot fix that into a time schedule or an exact number of meals. Also i don't say beforehand "this and that meal is allowed to have that and this amount of calories." That comes when i am cooking. And i will just watch spontaneously the meals afterwards so they don't go over the limit. Very flexible.
  • kcdrake
    kcdrake Posts: 512
    Options
    On days I get up early for school or work I usually eat 4 meals. Breakfast (300 cal), Lunch (400 cal), Snack (200 cal), and Dinner (500 cal). I'm not one of these people that can have a bunch of tiny meals throughout the day - I feel like I am constantly hungry. I don't do a morning snack because I usually eat lunch pretty early, but I do need something to get me through the afternoon hump.
    However, on days I can sleep in I tend to skip a snack simply because I'm not hungry (since I'm eating later).
    If I work out I try to get some kind of protein in me shortly after I finish, but this isn't always possible. It usually isn't even half what I burned off.
  • kcdrake
    kcdrake Posts: 512
    Options

Really? i find if i eat every two to three hours im always satisfied, sometimes still satisfied ( because i never have that OVERLY FULL feeling) after the last meal, especially if i eat something that has a lot of fiber in it.

I'm the same way. If I eat that close together I never feel full and am never satisfied. When I eat the larger meals (still healthy. ...except today, haha) I feel like I stay fuller for longer and am not always thinking about the next time I get to eat. And no, I never feel stuffed or overly full when eating my meals.