Hullo, I'm new here

Options
Not new to dieting though. I settled on this app after trying a few others that don't work well.

I'm old and cranky. Well - 40 going on 41, anyway.

I hit my high weight a few years ago - 300 lbs! At a height of 5'5.5". My weight story I find is not like that of many other people. I was a frightfully skinny child and really, honestly just ballooned up out of nowhere once I was about 19-20, and it's been a struggle ever since. Eventually I was diagnosed with PCOS. JOY.

Anyway since 2009, which is when I hit my high weight, I've been struggling with various ways to get my weight down. I managed to lose 75 and then gained half of that back - so for the New Year I decided to regain the ground I'd lost. I'm 8 pounds down so far, but it's a real struggle. Cutting the sugary carbs does seem to help though. And I have discovered the joys of meat in my diet! I used ot be a vegetarian, which is probably one of the worst things ever if you have PCOS.

Anyways. Good to "meet" you all.

Replies

• primal7
    primal7 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!
    We are all on this journey together.
    You can add me as a friend if you like!:happy:
  • linderbee
    Options
    Welcome!
    From 1 40something to another.....lets do this!
    Add me if you like :wink:
  • ereach4731
    ereach4731 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    HI there! I was diagnosed with PCOS about 7-8 years ago. It's an awful disease! I feel your pain. The worst part about PCOS is the infertility!!! Not that I am trying for babies now, but many friends are/have. Good luck with your jounrey, you can me as a friend if you'd like.
  • Lexi507
    Lexi507 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me if you'd like. I'm 48 and haven't decided how much I'm going to lose. Currently my goal is to weigh 150 and then we'll tackle 140.
  • audra0831
    Options
    Hi! Sounds like we have a few things in common - sending add request!
  • mytman
    mytman Posts: 218
    Options
    welcome to this amazing journey and glad that you have decided to be apart of this, together as a group we can do amazing things as there is power in numbers and we are here to offer you support and motivation at the same time making this journey fun with a few laughs on the way

Feel free to add me that goes to anyone feel free to add me :smile: