Ian K Smith Diet. Shred Revolutionary Diet??

Options
Have you done it? Does it actually work?

Replies

• Bell519
    Bell519 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'd say don't waste your money. It is still basically calories in calories out diet except a lot of the food is overly processed and you are literally eating on a strict schedule all day with meals every few hours. I haven't actually tried the diet I just thumbed through the book fro a couple hours at Barnes and Nobles. If I had to recommend something it would be the Virgin Diet. It is centered around food intolerance and how it can make weight loss twice as hard for you. I have discovered through that program that I am intolerant to dairy and it was causing my adult acne, and I have a really hard time digesting gluten and it will also cause me to bloat for a couple days after eating any. Since starting that program ( I wouldn't really call it a diet because it kinda becomes a way of life) I feel a ton better sleep better and am slowly seeing a stabilization in my thyroid levels which have been making weight loss very, very hard. (I'm hypothyroid BTW and who knew that all that fresh raw healthy spinach I was eating every day was actually working against my system because of my thyroid condition. :huh:
  • pkdarlin
    pkdarlin Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • justjenny
    justjenny Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I tried it for about a month...and didn't lose anything. I only have 20 pounds to lose, so I wasn't surprised that I didn't lose anything the first week....but by week 3 I was very frustrated. When I added the calories, and realized I wasn't eating enough for me. It was only adding up to about 1100 calories and he suggests about 45 minutes of cardio a day! Not really the best way for me to go...so I stopped. Just my 2 cents...
  • Apacheskicass
    Apacheskicass Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I am currently on the Shred diet and love it! I mean he includes a lot of fruit and veggies and lean meats and gives you a lot of opitions of snacks to choose from. I know that anyone can create a diet and lose weight as long as you exercise and watch your calories but it helps me knowing that I have something planned out! I am still on my first week and I have lost around 5lbs but of course I have a lot of weight to lose. My friends are also on the diet one has lost about 4 lbs and and is still on the first week. Another friend lost 11lbs the first week! I would recommend trying it to see if it works for you. I was hesitant to buy the book at first but am glad that I did. If there is anything you would like to know or maybe some of the menu ideas ask me or email me ksimmons32147@gmail.com
  • katedevall
    katedevall Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    If it's only 1100 calories.. its really not worth it to me.. thats lower then what I need as at a sedentary state, plus I burn around 900 cals a day so I would have to eat way more then the diet. Seems skeptical to me and I'd be better off on my own
  • sonivmartin
    sonivmartin Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I am actually on the diet and I've lost 11lbs. I like the fact that my meals are planned out, I can have fruit, meat, and there are lots of options for snacks. It does take work...each evening I get everything ready for the next day except for the smoothies and shakes...do that in the morning. I've found it easy to stick too...although I do have a little more alcohol than it says...I enjoy my glass of wine in the evening!
  • HoverKitteh
    Options
    My sister and her husband just finished the Shred Diet. They each lost 20 pounds. My sister looks fantastic--it's the first time she's been this small since she was a teenager. She swears by it. I've downloaded the book to my Kindle and as soon as I finish the modified 10 Day Reboot with Joe that I'm currently on, I will be starting the Shred.

I have followed calories in, calories out. I have worked out like a fiend while watching the scale gain and lose the same three pounds for MONTHS! I've now been three days on the Reboot and plan to Shred vegan. I've lost 7 pounds since I began the Reboot. For the first time in well over a year (since I quit smoking) I'm actually below 180 pounds--a plateau I haven't been able to break no matter how hard I tried.

Best of all, I feel amazing and I actually look forward to each day. I'm looking forward to finishing my Reboot strong and beginning Shred.