what comment made you mad then but you can laugh about now

Options
2»

Replies

• Ramberta
    Ramberta Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    I used to work at a hotel (back when I was 30 lbs heavier), and the lady who served breakfast in the mornings was a tiny, angry 60-year-old. When I was going around cleaning and vacuuming the lobby, I winced, because my knees were hurting. She asked if I was all right, and I told her, and her blunt response was:

"Lose 20 pounds."

I just laughed, but it did bother me at the time. However, now that I have lost more than that amount, my knees almost never hurt! So I guess she was right. :tongue:
  • megalin9
    megalin9 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    A few weeks ago, my precious Granny, who has always commented on my being "heavy", asked me, "Megan, have you lost anymore weight?" I replied, "Yeah, a little over 50 pounds total." As she kind of tugged on my skirt, she said, "Well, I don't see it in your body, but I see it in your face!"

Thanks, Granny. Yeah, I've lost 54 pounds all from my face. :wink:

I love that lady. :heart:
  • kckBxer396
    kckBxer396 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    During a photography session, a woman and I were waiting for her son to show up to take his 16yr photos. Well, she decided to make conversation.She patted my tummy and started off with, "Aw..when are you due?" I politely informed her that I wasn't pregnant. She attempted to save face by saying, "I understand, baby fat is so hard to lose, how old is your little one?" Trying not to sound angry, I told her that I have no children. I will never forget the face she made. She started grasping for an excuse with tears in her eyes and said, "Oh..you must know the Lord, because you absolutely glow. That must be why I thought you were pregnant." I was pretty annoyed at this point,so I told her, "No,it's because I'm fat. It's fine, I know." She was then determined to inform me that I'm "Just chubby." It didn't help that this woman was as thin as a rail.

Honestly, that's only been about 2 pants sizes ago,but,thinking back on it, I feel a little worse for her since she still had to hang around for the entire session. She sent her husband to pick up the portraits. haha
  • wannabe1959
    wannabe1959 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Gotta love your Mom. Im not really laughing yet. She called me and said she found some shorts in a box that are size 24. She said "oh they are probably too big for you, what do you wear a 18 or 20? No , mother, I wear a size 14. silence.
  • ChristinaR720
    ChristinaR720 Posts: 1,186
    Options
    Before I started this process, I was getting my hair cut and asked my hair stylist to cut layers in my hair, starting at my chin. To which he replied, "Which one?"

Friggin' douche nozzle is lucky he's my uncle! :laugh:
  • Stump_Likker
    Stump_Likker Posts: 2,059 Member
    Options
    My babysitter's mother said that she bets I make good fried chicken( because a "colored" lady in her church made great fried chicken)! Lol