Anyone else using Zumba on kinect to lose weight?

Options
First, I would like to say hi to all my "myfitnesspal"s. I'm a 25 year old college student and I am happy to have found a great website for support through my weight loss.

I have wanted to lose weight for years but never really put much effort into it. I had given myself a certain goal and certain time and said if I wan't at that weight, I would just get lipo this year. I don't own a scale so I hadn't checked my weight until I visited my mom. Over a year and a half, I have lost 15 lbs but reached a plateau at 154. Knowing I lost 15 lb by just adjusting my diet gave me that extra push I needed to start exercising, since that only puts me 14 lbs away from my goal.

So I had to figure out what workout to do. I have saw commercial for Zumba for a while but never tried it as I didn't have time to go to a class and dvds have always bored me. So I decided on Zumba rush for kinect since it is interactive and keeps score, which would push me to go as hard as I could. I did my first workout this morning for an hour and this was the first time I have done exercises that I enjoyed so much that I wanted to do it again this evening, though I only did a 30 minute workout the second time.

I also am taking oxyelite pro as I have heard great things about it and it definitely gave me a lot of energy while doing zumba.

My only issue is making myself eat at least 1200 calories because I'm typically not hungry throughout the day, so I don't eat a lot.

Anyway, just wanted to know if anyone else has used Zumba rush for kinect and/or oxyelite pro. Again, I'm happy to be a new member of myfitnesspal.

Replies

• tommienana
    tommienana Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    just bought the xbox for my 14 year old son. i will be buying the kinect soon , then i will be using the xbox :bigsmile:
  • vocasio79
    Options
    Hi I have actually used both my frist time around I lost about 70lbs using the Oxy elite pro and the Zumba but I was doing my 1600 calories and doing Zumba for 30-45 mins at least 5 times a week. I let go of sugar, soda,fast food, all the stuff that tastes really good and it just came off. I am starting my second round and I love it. It works!!!!
  • ktliu
    ktliu Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Still on my journey, but I say my Zumba Fitness core is at least responsible for 15 lbs out of of current 23 lb weight loss. And I just finished my third LIVE class today. Still trying to get used to the only rooster in the hen house syndrome. Love Zumba. I also suggest to get the "core" version. It started to attack my midsection right away. So I started losing the belly really quickly. still got the lower bulge but it will be gone.