To those that use HRMs...

workoutqueen628
workoutqueen628 Posts: 220
edited September 20 in Fitness and Exercise
Hey all, I was just wondering who out there uses a HRM when they exercise and how many calories you burn per session and per week. Also, how many calories do you eat per day and do you eat your exercise calories?

My HRM says I burn approx. 3500 cals per week, which would equal one pound, but I have not been losing a lb. consistenly each week!! I don't eat my exercise calories, so wouldn't that mean i would also have an extra 3500 accumulated from reduction of 500 cals per day? Which would mean a 2 lb weight loss per week? Or is my body working against me b/c im not eating enough?

Replies

• MattySparky
    MattySparky Posts: 771
    Could be you aren't eating enough, probably aren't eating the right foods though. This is a common question amongst people here. I haven't checked your food diary so I dont know for sure. Ill have a look and tell you what I think. I lose the most weight per week when I dont eat my excercise cals.
  • MattySparky
    dont know cant see your diary
  • Just made it public. I am really bad about logging my exercise, so I generally don't eat those calories. Also, I am observing passover this week, so I am eating less since I can't eat a lot of my regular foods.
  • MattySparky
    I checked out your profile and the one thing I noticed is that your diet seems very high in Carbs and pretty low in fat and protein. Any reason for this specific setup?
  • xonophone
    xonophone Posts: 474 Member
    Try reading this link, which does a great job of explaining why you SHOULD eat at least some of your exercise calories each day:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/10589-for-those-confused-or-questioning-eating-your-exercise-calo

Personally I enjoy eating my exercise calories very much! Although I too am observing Passover and amalso finding it very hard to eat enough calories this week....
  • Generally i found that I go over on my protein, but always have a lot of extra carbs and fats.
This discussion has been closed.