Fire Fighters/Police/EMS/Hotties

Options

Replies

• Terasome
    Terasome Posts: 3,808 Member
    Options
    Can I just say people this post was asking for anyone to add as a friend, the headline was just a grab to get attention. :wink:

Please dont send me messages saying Im nasty and horrible like a few people have.:grumble:

I will add men/women in and out of uniform if I think you will fit into my circle of friends. You are all quite welcome :smile:
  • keeleen
    Options
    haha I love this thread! And who doesn't love a man in uniform?!?! I wear scrubs, does that count as a woman in uniform? :laugh:
  • smarston2010
    Options
    That counts as far as I'm concerned.
  • hosegirl
    hosegirl Posts: 157
    Options
    Seriously! Not all fire fighters, emts and police officers are men! What a degrading statement. I put my life on the line everyday. I really do not appreciate the stero typing.
  • smarston2010
    Options
    Ok I'm young to be rude and blunt. Being from a combination department I have seen many women come and go, just like guys. It boils down to one simple thing, can you do the job? When all hell is breaking lose and we are at the heart of it, could you get me out? At 18 y/o in a training class I had to prove I could. I had to remove a 260lb. Firefighter, gear, pack and rescue pack from a second floor apartment. 20 feet across a room, up 3 stairs, down 50 ft of hallway, then down a flight of stairs. Solo, because the women I had could not do it, and freaked out. I sucked my mask to my face halfway down the hallway and could not remove it because it was live fire and smoke was banked to the floor. The victim was a senior guy from my crew, I had no choice. Any women that can do that is welcome into the club any day. Yes we have a women who works with us that can. Police and EMS are the same, I have been shot at doing EMS.
  • xGracieGirlx
    xGracieGirlx Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I don't understand why people are taking offence to this. It's a silly little thread to get to know people. And the topic name doesn't say men only.
  • smarston2010
    Options
    Sorry for sounding hostile, but many both on the job and not, think it's all about putting on the uniform and the rest just falls in place. It doesn't work like that. I was almost beaten by a junkie because my partner thought that way, and so did the first arriving cop. Once subdued we found not only dirty needles, but a serious knife on him. My life was on the line again and was let down by people that were supposed to do their job but didn't.
  • Justjamie0418
    Justjamie0418 Posts: 1,065 Member
    Options
    I wubs me some uniforms!

I wore one once ( I had a uniformed job in corrections at max security male prison)!

I loved wearing it too..

eta. After reading this and the drama it seems to bring I am here to say I was a CO at a high security prison which each pod housed 220 inmates and only 2 COs for the whole area... I was swung at by a grown as$ man for taking the microwave away.. guess what my 6'3'' male partner did? NOTHING! I emptied my mace and his and he still just stood there.. guess it goes both ways.
  • gdr1976
    gdr1976 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Volunteer EMT here and police/fire/ems dispatcher feel free to add
  • Terasome
    Terasome Posts: 3,808 Member
    Options
    Sorry for sounding hostile, but many both on the job and not, think it's all about putting on the uniform and the rest just falls in place. It doesn't work like that. I was almost beaten by a junkie because my partner thought that way, and so did the first arriving cop. Once subdued we found not only dirty needles, but a serious knife on him. My life was on the line again and was let down by people that were supposed to do their job but didn't.

You know me hun, and you know this thread was not all about the uniform. The headline was an attention grab.

I have the utmost respect for the job you perform day in and day out and understand the crap you go through. I honestly didnt think this would turn into what it is. If you can perform the job safely and properly whether you are male or female then kudos to you and a job well done. Without people like you, where would the rest of us be, i think alot of people take emergency services for granted and this was not my intention for this thread to turn into some where you had to explain yourself or what you do and the risks you take on a daily basis. I appreciate each and every one of you for the job you do and the life you sacrifice for others.

xx
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    I love to see a sexy/handsome guy in uniform. #Cops #Marines #Military OMG :-)

Haha. My husband likes to say it's the navy whites that won me over. To quote him "Women can't resist the uniform. It's like a magnet."

To be honest I can't argue with this.
  • Salekdarling
    Salekdarling Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm a certified police officer. It'd be great to have fellow public service MFP friends. Add me! =]
  • cortneywpatterson
    Options
    Tera, I love you for making this post. LOL Where are my women in uniform too though? C'mon!

I'm a paramedic! :P
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile:
    I agree, love a man in uniform! Mmmmm .... :love:

REALLY girls you say ANY uniform......nope sorry mcdonalds really is a turn off for me! lol :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

but yeh sorry to say uniforms/leather ie bikers yummy!
  • xMissy6x
    xMissy6x Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Yeah.... Uniforms hot. But I'd prefer a tradesman anyday!!!!
  • Josedavid
    Josedavid Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    Errr... no, no uniform but you should see how now the tailormade shirts and the italian neckties suits me... feel free to add!
  • smarston2010
    Options
    Yeah.... Uniforms hot. But I'd prefer a tradesman anyday!!!!
    i wear either my uniform or carhartts almost all the time
  • YankeeMikeHotel
    Options
    Bump
  • Mustang_Susie
    Mustang_Susie Posts: 7,045 Member
    Options
    Well I guess my scrubs don't count.

Mine neither.

Hubby is a hot firefighter but he's MINE, sorry!
  • Justjamie0418
    Justjamie0418 Posts: 1,065 Member
    Options
    We need pics here. Just sayin.