Paleo Pescetarian

Options
Hey guys.
I have recently started trying out a paleo diet on top of my pescetarian diet. I just want some ideas on some good meals anyone can think of that would work for me. I decided to try out paleo cause of my huge reliance on bread. I used to quite happily have toast for breakfast, a sandwich for lunch and a sandwich for dinner, with snacks of course. So in order to eat healthier I decided to cut out all bread, rice, pasta and beans. The only exception being, that I'm allowed grains if I'm making something from scratch, pretty much cause it means I'm not being lazy.

I noticed pretty soon after i made the switch that my appetite dropped the point I can go without snacks and not be particularly hungry at meal time, unless I missed a meal. I can afford to have much higher calorie meals, cause of this, so they don't have to be low calorie.

Oh and cause of the difficulty in working out what I can have for breakfast, I've just been eating museli, and I'm pretty ok with that. Getting the other two meals sorted is the priority anyway. My diet at the moment seems to be ticking all the boxes on a nutritional level, I'm just looking for some more ideas.

This was my inspiration for switching btw http://www.nomeatathlete.com/paleo-vegetarian-8-weeks/

Replies

• Shadowknight137
    Shadowknight137 Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    Hey guys.
    I have recently started trying out a paleo diet on top of my pescetarian diet. I just want some ideas on some good meals anyone can think of that would work for me. I decided to try out paleo cause of my huge reliance on bread. I used to quite happily have toast for breakfast, a sandwich for lunch and a sandwich for dinner, with snacks of course. So in order to eat healthier I decided to cut out all bread, rice, pasta and beans. The only exception being, that I'm allowed grains if I'm making something from scratch, pretty much cause it means I'm not being lazy.

I noticed pretty soon after i made the switch that my appetite dropped the point I can go without snacks and not be particularly hungry at meal time, unless I missed a meal. I can afford to have much higher calorie meals, cause of this, so they don't have to be low calorie.

Oh and cause of the difficulty in working out what I can have for breakfast, I've just been eating museli, and I'm pretty ok with that. Getting the other two meals sorted is the priority anyway. My diet at the moment seems to be ticking all the boxes on a nutritional level, I'm just looking for some more ideas.

This was my inspiration for switching btw http://www.nomeatathlete.com/paleo-vegetarian-8-weeks/

Hmm. What can you eat as pescetarian again? Fish and/or chicken, right?

In the case, base your other two meals around that. Let's say, for lunch have a - as Mark Sisson calls it - "Big *kitten* Salad"; basically a huge bowl of assorted veggies and about a handful of your protein (fish/chicken).
    As for dinner? I'd go for a good side of protein with a nice baked sweet potato with cinnamon and (if you eat dairy) butter, maybe with a small side salad.

Also, recommend you join this group for support from fellow, er, "Paleo'ers"
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/54-primal-paleo-support-group
  • dustygn
    dustygn Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Cool thanks. Pescetarian is just seafood + vegetarian. So no other meat. I don't usually have much dairy, but I'm not restricting it. I have made more use of eggs, and I'm making an effort to eat fish more often.
    Yum sweet potato, I forgot about that. And I've been meaning to making something with pumpkin. I've certainly been making a lot of "big *kitten* salads" recently lol.