What treadmill do YOU use at your HOME?

Options

Replies

• VirtuousVal
    VirtuousVal Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I'm looking to buy a treadmill for home. I've never bought one before. So...
    What brand/model of treadmill do you use at your home?
    Would you recommend or buy it again? Your advice and tips are greatly appreciated!
    (The most I'm willing to spend is $1000.)
    Thank you! :)

I have Invested in a "Bowflex® TreadClimber® TC3000".
    It is more expensive than what your willing to spend. I paid cash for mine! By the way, They do offer Financing, on approval of credit! I purchased mine a few years ago, in 2009, it was little less expensive, than they are priced now!
    It works your entire legs, your core, and arms, everything! With the results I achieved with this Bowflex® TreadClimber® machine, I'll never use anything else! I'd rather fork out the money for this machine than have to pay for a Gym membership and the gasoline, it would take to get me the Gym. Believe me, I have gotten so sedentarty after my 2 Brain Aneursyms and a stroke that resulted in my weight gain. Take it from Someone who, had to learn to walk again and is now "Disabled" and I have had suffered from Paralysis on my left side!! I praise God everyday and I am so Grateful & Thankful to God, for I can now walk once again! My left leg is still weaker than the right, so I have to adjust the shocks so that my weak leg has to work harder. You can't do that with a treadmill or elliptical! That has been one of my favorite features.
    This Bowflex® TreadClimber® has been and is going to continue to be a Huge Life-Saver for me!!!

If you use this machine, "DILIGENTLY", it will pay for itself!!
    It is one of my Best Investments I have ever made for myself on my "Healthier LifeStyle Journey"! I have absolutely no regrets in my Bowflex® TreadClimber® TC3000!!!
    This gives You a much higher intensity workout, but low impact exercise. I can Burn 3X more Calories in Less than the amount of time! Unlike using a treadmill, I can get my heart rate up to where I want it on the Bowflex® TreadClimber® TC3000!!! In the minimum amount of time and there is less stress on my knees, and it isn't there as it is, with a Treadmill. I can burn 3X more, as many calories on my Bowflex® TreadClimber® TC3000!!! In the same amount if time it takes on the Treadmill. It will "Reduce" your exercise time with a super-efficient, low impact workout!

Bowflex's Treadclimber TC3000 Cardio Machine offers an array of electronics and features to push your workout to the next level. It is similar in function to a Treadmill, this low-impact machine is engineered to burn fat without pounding your joints. It has unique dual treadles (rather than a single belt area surface) that rise up to cushion each step. This design eliminates the jarring impact of hard, flat surfaces and reduces the joint and muscle strain that can be part of other workout machines. This is Especially good feature to have, since you mentioned that you have bad knees!
    It has twelve intensity settings to tailor your workout, specifically to your level of fitness and comfort level while six electronic functions allow you to track your Speed, Time, Distance, Calories burned, Calories per minute, and Total Steps taken, during your workout. Five LCD readout windows allow you to see all vital workout stats easily. Large footboards alongside the tread belts to help make starting or stopping exercise safe and easy. The speed of the TC3000 adjusts from 0.7 to 4.0 miles per hour for a casual stroll to serious power walking workout.

You get a combination of 3 workouts in 1!
    Action #1: Treadmill; Moving belts let you WALK FORWARD like a Treadmill.
    Action #2: StairClimber; Unlike a Treadmill, there are two indepependent "Dual-Treadles," so you also STEP UP like a StairClimber.
    Action #3: Elliptical; Combine these two actions and you get an extremely intense workout with the smooth, LOW-IMPACT motion of an elliptical.

I get a better workout than a Treadmill with alot less stress and pain in my back & knees. It is more natural for me than an Elliptical. It gives you a much better work out than any Treadmill ever could, alone!!
    I like the variety of workouts and I love the size of the The Bowflex® TreadClimber® TC3000 it's Dimensions: HT 46" inches x WDTH 28.5" inches x LT 55.2" inches; 185 pounds. It is easy to move since there is rollers on the bottom, if you need to move the Bowflex® TreadClimber® TC3000. It doesn't take up the whole room like most Treadmills do and being able to do more than one thing with it is a plus. I currently have mine set up in my living room, in a very small apartment. It fits very well in a small space. It doesn't take up the entire room like alot of machines.
    It feels it is very Stable & is made of the durability of quality material! I have not had to replace any parts or make any maintence repairs.

If you do decide to purchase a Bowflex® TreadClimber® TC3000 ....

First, make sure you get the right model from Bowflex. Some models are bigger and some smaller. If you have a long stride you need to get the longest Treadles for your Bowflex® TreadClimber®.
    However, the downside is that my 6'8" husband can't find much use for this, since he has a very long stride and his stride is too long for it! So if you're tall (or just have particularly long legs), you might need to cough up the extra bucks and upgrade to one of the models with the longer Treadles.

I had no problem with the assembly of my Bowflex® TreadClimber® (other than I needed help because of the weight of the equipment - that's to be expected). 

I wish you the Best in searching for the Right Home exercise equipment/ machine, to help aid you on your "Healthier LifeStyle Journey"!!
  • baileysmom4
    baileysmom4 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Sears has a lot of nice equipment and usually 1 year no interest!!!! I bought a Sole treadmill online and love it. It was around $1200.
  • CoulsdonEagle
    Options
    i bought a Roger Black Silver for half price from Argos about 3 years ago, it's been fine for me, although it's been packed away for a year now, i have a room that's going to become a gym room in time so it'll remain packed up until then
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    What a bizarre bowflex spam above :laugh:
  • Wickedone1973
    Options
    I kinda lied above. My NordicTrack is a 2570 PRO. Sorry for the mistake, don't pay much attention to the model when I'm using it.
  • Crosbinium
    Crosbinium Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I have the Sole F63 2010 version. Like you I did much research and after going around to places and walking on a few I liked the feel of the Sole the best. I got mine through Amazon but would not buy a large item through them in the future.
  • fit4lifeUcan2
    fit4lifeUcan2 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options
    a friend gave me her old Weslo. It never worked right. Sometimes it would come to a dead stop or speed up and nearly send me flying. I was actually happy when it died lol. I"m also on the look out for a new treadmill but I want a good one this time.
  • Doberdawn
    Doberdawn Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    I have a ProForm from Sears. I don't recall the model number but I'm sure they've changed after all these years, so I'm not gonna crawl on the floor to check it for you. LOL

My treadmill was WELL UNDER $1,000. I think it was about $300. I got it about 20 years ago. It has an extra wide and long belt and a cushioned track for up to 300 lb runner (I believe that's right). It can be raised up for some incline work and the incline is motorized so you can hit a button to raise or lower it during the workout. You can run on it, jog or walk. It used to tell me my speed and distance, but eventually, the electronic display quit lighting up about a year or so ago. It may just need a wire jiggled or the battery connection sanded. But, since I wear an HRM and a pedometer, I know my calorie burn and distance anyway. I time my workout to a TV series I watch. Since, I don't need the "timer" display, I've not been motivated to fix it. But, ya gotta admit, it's not bad for a 20 year old treadmill. Mine is not programmable with workout routines or whatever, but it's a good hard worker and it's still running strong.

I thank God that it's still going cuz it's really all I need and it works great. I can fold it up when I want the extra floor space, but usually don't except when vacuuming. If I had to get another, I'd probably look at the same brand because from my experience, they're long-lived, hard working work horses.
  • queendeej
    queendeej Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I bought a Nordic Track Incline Trainer a few years ago. Awesome investment. Goes up to 40 % incline. I'm sure they have an updated version now.
  • litatura
    litatura Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I bought my NordicTrack directly from their website in July 2011. I got an awesome deal on it because they were releasing a new model so they were selling off the older model for cheap. It was regularly $2500 and I got it for $1000.
  • scribb
    scribb Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    I have a pro form at the house. It is now 11 years old and had to modify it. The supports all broke, so I had to re-fasted the belt assembly to the frame.

It is a good one to walk on, but not to run on. The belt is too short, and the belt will not take the pounding
  • susybon
    susybon Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I have a Gold's Gym crosswalk 570 with air stride max cushioning. It has preset routines and also uses the ifit sd cards. Incline and speed go to 10. I think we paid less than $400 on clearance. I really like it!
  • Doberdawn
    Doberdawn Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    I have a pro form at the house. It is now 11 years old and had to modify it. The supports all broke, so I had to re-fasted the belt assembly to the frame.

It is a good one to walk on, but not to run on. The belt is too short, and the belt will not take the pounding

Different models make a difference. Mine has a long belt and it not only put up with my use... but three dobermans ran on it daily for years, too. Again, 20 years, pounded, inclined and used often. Hope that helps.
  • lovelee79
    Options
    What a bizarre bowflex spam above :laugh:

LOL I know!! hahahha
    totally weird spam!
  • lovelee79
    Options
    OK!!! :happy:
    I bought the Sole F63.
    (From Sears, with tax it was under $1000.)
    It will get here in a week. I'll update after (I put it together) I use it for a bit.

Thanks for the advice everyone! you guys rock. :flowerforyou:
  • Summers_
    Summers_ Posts: 3 Member
    Options

^^^ That's the same one I have as well. I've had it for a year and had no problems with it. I primarily use it for very fast walking or a slower jog.

I refused to pay over $800 for one. This one suited me well and I love it.
  • twistedlefty
    Options
    Sole F-85
    4 years now without a problem, best folding model made i could find at the time
  • islandnutshel
    islandnutshel Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    I'd like to recommend to buy one that has a WIDE TRACK to run on. I hate stepping off, or slipping on a narrow belt. I think the one I have is called Proform, from sears. I have used it for years. No problems and great springs.(I have degenerative disc disease, but with good shoes, and good springs, I can run on a treadmill) I don't care for too much additional features. It has a few interesting programs I should try, I just don't think about it.
  • islandnutshel
    islandnutshel Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    I have a ProForm from Sears. I don't recall the model number but I'm sure they've changed after all these years, so I'm not gonna crawl on the floor to check it for you. LOL

My treadmill was WELL UNDER $1,000. I think it was about $300. I got it about 20 years ago. It has an extra wide and long belt and a cushioned track for up to 300 lb runner (I believe that's right). It can be raised up for some incline work and the incline is motorized so you can hit a button to raise or lower it during the workout. You can run on it, jog or walk. It used to tell me my speed and distance, but eventually, the electronic display quit lighting up about a year or so ago. It may just need a wire jiggled or the battery connection sanded. But, since I wear an HRM and a pedometer, I know my calorie burn and distance anyway. I time my workout to a TV series I watch. Since, I don't need the "timer" display, I've not been motivated to fix it. But, ya gotta admit, it's not bad for a 20 year old treadmill. Mine is not programmable with workout routines or whatever, but it's a good hard worker and it's still running strong.

I thank God that it's still going cuz it's really all I need and it works great. I can fold it up when I want the extra floor space, but usually don't except when vacuuming. If I had to get another, I'd probably look at the same brand because from my experience, they're long-lived, hard working work horses.

I think that is the one I have. It is a work horse. and can take 300 pounds running. My dog runs with me on it and he is 100 pounds. With the longer wider track, we both fit.
  • lorcart
    lorcart Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Mine is a commercial grade Horizon. We got it very lightly used for a few hundred dollars at Play It Again Sports. They have awesome deals on really good equipment.