Weight lifters with open food diary.

Options
Looking for some fellow lifters with open diaries. Mine is open to read. What nutritional stats do you feel are best to monitor in your 6 that you can select? I have mine set up to track Calories, Carbs, Fat, Protein, Potassium, Chol.

I want to make sure that I am hitting the important numbers. I think my calories might be too low as I am looking to gain about 10 lbs of muscle. I have been lifting for 45 days. I am probably still in the newbie gain phase. I gather that bigger gains are long term like 6 months+

Replies

• enndeeee
    Options
    You will be getting noob gains for the first 12 months. to put on muscle and alter body composition you only need to fulfill your macro requirements (protein, carbs and fat). you shouldnt be concerned extensively with potassium or sodium or cholesterol (just examples) . just eat clean train hard and results will come without the worrying of every little detail.
  • jjrichard83
    jjrichard83 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I agree. Although you're on the right track! Diet is a good 70%+ of adding muscle!
  • ChrisC_77
    ChrisC_77 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    How concerned about sugar do I need to be? I mean I don't add sugar to foods, but many foods naturally contain sugar. I will hit my daily goal according to MFP by breakfast. (I just added sugar as one of the tracked data points) Also, is sugar an enemy when it comes to weight lifting/cardio? I don't have much body fat. Just some belly fat. And although it is very minimal it seems as iif it will never budge. Want the abs to stand out once they have grown enough. I would think that diet play s a big roll here. Even if you don't gain weight. More of a body chemistry thing.