Not losing weight now

:wink: I lost about 11 lbs in last six months(I know that's wayyy too less)
I have made peace with the scale, but I'm trying to understand what are the 'wrongs' that I'm doing and why have I not been losing despite being moderately active.
Now, I have put on the same pounds back which brings me to a loss of 9 lbs.

Inch Loss--is happening, but that is exactly what I'm not able to follow. If I'm losing inches am I not supposed to lose the weight?

(I blog at http://kickingkilos.blogspot.in/)

PS- I still drink diet pop

Replies

• Muscle weighs the same as fat so if the scales arent moving but your losing inches then your losing fat and replacing it with lean muscle. This often happens when people arent hugely overweight and they are both working out and dieting.

What is you diet like? Its ok to give yourself treats but try to stick to your calorie count most days. What are you eating?
  • Muscle weighs the same as fat so if the scales arent moving but your losing inches then your losing fat and replacing it with lean muscle. This often happens when people arent hugely overweight and they are both working out and dieting.

What is you diet like? Its ok to give yourself treats but try to stick to your calorie count most days. What are you eating?

I eat pretty balanced, most of the times. I can be a little tipsy at times but as I do my work-outs pretty regularly, I'm stressed at not seeing the scale move!
    Thankyou :)
  • JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Without an open diary the best anyone can do is guess.
  • liesevanlingen
    liesevanlingen Posts: 508 Member
    Muscle is much denser than fat, but takes up much less space. Five pounds of fat is much bigger than five pounds of muscle, even though they weigh the same. Fat takes up way more space. So if you are shrinking but your weight is not changing, you are losing fat and adding muscle. Maybe get yourself a scale that measures body fat percentage? I have one, and it really helps to see those numbers going down when the overall weight doesn't change.
  • Muscle is much denser than fat, but takes up much less space. Five pounds of fat is much bigger than five pounds of muscle, even though they weigh the same. Fat takes up way more space. So if you are shrinking but your weight is not changing, you are losing fat and adding muscle. Maybe get yourself a scale that measures body fat percentage? I have one, and it really helps to see those numbers going down when the overall weight doesn't change.
    Wow that sounds good. I will do that.
    I had no idea about the diary. I will make sure its public.
    :)