Hi im a newbie

Options
Hello, thought it would be polite to introduce myself Im Nick and im following my new years resolution to get myself back into shape. i hit 16 stone 3 at xmas and am generally unhappy with how i look and feel. i decided that it was time to make a change and do something about it. From 7th jan i cut out drinking alcohol mon - fri, stopped ordering takeouts and cooked meals instead. Dogs are loving it as i try to take them out everyday now walking at least 1.8 miles, if ground is dry this gets extended to 3 miles (anyone else got a white dog that goes brown the minute there is some moisture in the air lol). All my walks are tracked with endomondo i find it gives me motivation to see that im doing something. After a few weeks of this i was curious about calories as i didnt really understand them so i looked on good old google and found mfp which i have now been using for 25 days and can actually see what im eating (or maybe was eating) was doing to me. I decided to step it up In february and now cycle to work (13 miles round trip) as well as walking the dogs. As of my last weigh in (i only do it every 2 weeks next one is due next sunday) I have lost 13lb and weigh 15 stone 4. I have entered into a local 45 mile bike ride for april, and will hopefully get a place on the 56 mile london to brighton run in june. I find that mfp and endomondo linked together are really helping me to get active. sorry for the long boring ramble i only meant to say Hi LOL

Replies

• vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    Run! Run far away run before it's too late for your life! Or jog or walk whichever gets you burning some calories!

Welcome to the site! It's a great tool, hope you can utilize it to it's full potential as you embark on this new life style of being a healthier version of you.
  • missylee117
    missylee117 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    GREAT JOB, KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK, WE ALL NEED MOTIVATION!