Should I keep doing what I am doing? ( Stuck )

Options
I have a lingering question about plataues.... I have been stuck at 158-160 ( those lbs come and go when they choose to lol ) for about 2 weeks now. I know to try upping my cals and changing up my exercise routine, but my question is this.. If I don't do that, and just continue to keep doing what I'm doing ( 1200 calories plus about 8 miles a week running outside ) will my body eventually just let go and start letting me lose again?? I drink 82oz of water AT LEAST a day ( my little rubbermaid thingy i carry holds that much and its gone before I go home from work ) and I get enough fiber.. I never go over on my sugars and rarely on carbs.. if I go over on anything its usually protein... Thanks for all the replies in advance! PS... I eat my exercise calories SOMETIMES... most of the time I just eat half. depending on how hungry I am that day...

Replies

• MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I think you will eventually start to lose again but will have faster results if you change up your excercise a bit doing different types of cardio and strength training
  • pkgirrl
    pkgirrl Posts: 587
    Options
    I'm no expert but it sounds to me like you've got all the bases covered, so you could just stick it out. If it's really bothering you, though, try eating maintenance for a few days. I'm not saying your body is in starvation mode, but losing 2lbs a week is a little bit more than your body probably prefers, and that might be the little jolt it needs to get things going again. Good luck! =)
  • courtney_love2001
    courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
    Options
    2 weeks is definitely not a plateau...keep doing what you're doing and you will see results! However, if it makes you feel better, you could always switch it up as others have suggested :flowerforyou:
  • miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    Options
    You can try changing your workout a bit and see if that helps.

But two weeks is probably not at a plateau, you may start seeing results if you continue the way you are, may just take a longer time

Goodluck
  • candessb
    candessb Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I had the same scenario and so i went to a dietician and she told me to lower my protein. Idk.....it seemed illogical to me, but I'm gonna try it to see if I get a change too. she said, if I if I get too much protein, it will turn into fat.
  • staps065
    staps065 Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    I'd try eating back your calories on those days you run especially. You're burning some intense calories with running and your body needs the fuel. I'd try that before I upped my base calories or stopped eating back the exercise calories.
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Options
    When I get stuck like that, I take a day off exercise and dieting. Usually that's enough to get things going the right direction again.
  • DJH510
    DJH510 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    If that really is what you're doing, then yeah I'd say just keep at it. If you're always leaving your body short of energy, then necesarily you will lose weight.