Perfect for Easter-carrot mini-cupcakes

Options
jrbowers83
jrbowers83 Posts: 282 Member
I made these for an Easter egg hunt last weekend and they tasted wonderful. Just something about carrot cake that screams Easter to me.

Cake:
Cake:
mini cupcakeliners
mini cupcake pan
1 box betty crocker carrot cake mix
1 12-oz can diet root beer

Preheat oven to 350 (325 for dark/nonstick pan). Place liners in pan. Pour cake mix/soda in large mixing bowl. Beat on medium about 2 min. or until smooth.
Use 1 TBSP measuring spoon, spoon into liners. Bake 17-20 min. Let cool.

Frosting:
1 tub Cool Whip Lite
1 pkg. Jello sugarfree Cheesecake pudding mix
1 sandwich bag with seal

Gently fold pudding mix into cool whip. Refrigerate about 20 min to 1 hr. Once cake is cooled, spoon a generous amount of frosting into sandwich bag. Remove air from bag and seal. Snip a small corner of the bag. Push icing through small hole in a circular or spiral pattern, or use a larger hole and hold down then pull up to make a dollop effect. ENJOY!!

0326001747.jpg

Serving size: 1 mini cupcake
Makes about 48 mini cupcakes
Cal: 54
Fat:2g
Carb:11g
Fiber:0g
Sodium:114mg
Cholest: 0mg
Sugar:5g

Replies

• LosingLori
    Options
    Those sound WONDERFUL~and carrot cake is my FAVORITE!!!! Thanks for sharing!
  • mocorbin
    mocorbin Posts: 24
    Options
    I have to agree with you Lori... I can't wait to try them.. Who would have 'thunk it'? Root beer in a cake mix. Thanks jr!
  • emarcia28
    emarcia28 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    ooo thank you!!
  • jrbowers83
    jrbowers83 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I hope you ladies tried the recipe and liked it. Also just wanted some who may have missed the recipe get to see it before Easter tomorrow. Also, this recipe is incredibly versatile...use any combo of cake mix/diet soda and pudding flavor combos. Some I want to try soon:

Red Velvet cake/diet cherry coke+White Chocolate pudding
    Lemon cake/diet sprite+French Vanilla pudding
    Chocolate/diet coke+chocolate pudding

It's nice to have a treat that's less than 60 cals!