rollerblading

dioemonds
dioemonds Posts: 2
edited September 20 in Fitness and Exercise
Can anyone estimate how many calories are burned in one hour with a 10 mile rollerblading workout?

Replies

• OneMission
    OneMission Posts: 160 Member
    Enter it in your exercise diary...it should tell you there :happy:
    It is under "Skating (in-line)" or something of the sort.
    I couldn't find it under "rollerblading":grumble: , so I looked up "skating" and there it was :bigsmile:
    Hope this helps!
    :flowerforyou: T
  • thanks!
  • I rollerblade for 40 minutes at a time and that burns 640 calories or something like that.
    If you put in inline skating in your exercise tracking it will pop up. It is a great aerobic exercise for burning calories.
    THere are many of us here on the east coast. People look at me like I am a fool---62 and rollerblading, but they do not know what they are missing.!
  • mlv333
    mlv333 Posts: 86 Member

THere are many of us here on the east coast. People look at me like I am a fool---62 and rollerblading, but they do not know what they are missing.!

I'm from the east coast (Baltimore). My friend and I bought skates together went out on a old train trail converted to a recreational trail. We fell so hard. I truely thought I fractured my sacrum. We hung the skates up. I love to ice skate. I really thought I would love rollerblading. So my gawking is not of disgust, but of envy :0)
  • spicy618
    spicy618 Posts: 2,114 Member
    I :heart: Rollerblading!

I do it a few times a week. :bigsmile:

I wear a HRM and for 55 minutes I burn approximately 660 calories. However, when I enter it here it usually gives me a couple hundres more calories :noway: You should always deduct for maintenance... approx 60 -100 calories per hour, according to what I've read. Another guestimation would be 10 calories per minute for moderate cardio. HTH:flowerforyou:
This discussion has been closed.