Any thoughts on Muscle Milk by cytosport

Anyone have any input on this product? I've heard mixed reviews. It does have a ridiculous amount of protein with very few carbs. But some of my friends say it makes women fat....what say ye?

Replies

• LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Too many calories will make anyone fat. Period. If it fits within your calorie goal, it won't.

I've had some. It's tasty. It's also, in my mind, expensive for what it is. I'd rather buy a jug of protein powder and make my own shakes.
  • Melwillbehealthy
    Melwillbehealthy Posts: 894 Member
    I like it. It's low cal, and easy. I can't see why there'd be anything wrong with it. Also, it tastes pretty good.
  • gerard54
    gerard54 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Vanilla bean is my favorite, they all taste pretty good...
  • stephdeeable
    stephdeeable Posts: 1,407 Member
    I bought a banana one to try it...it was pretty delicious. Too expensive for me to buy on the regular though.
  • alienrite
    alienrite Posts: 314 Member
    It's part of my daily breakfast and a regular safety snack/meal replacement when I don't have any good food. Muscle Milk Lite Vanilla Cream. I use it as a good protein source ate breakfast which helps keep my appetite in check for most of the day. Like all calories, it needs to be fit into your day.
  • chimp517
    chimp517 Posts: 185 Member
    It tastes good, but there are much better products out there for a similar price.
  • rciszek
    rciszek Posts: 134
    I've tried it, it was good, but was told by my trainer that in trying to lose weight it has too much sugars in it. Though low cal, high fat and sugar.... I didn't drink anymore and found one that has less sugars and less fat to work with my goals and was less money...
  • They taste great! MM & MM light are the only ones I can drink. I've tried many and had nausea, stomach pains, and tummy troubles. I'm lactose intolerant so my review would be bias.
  • CarlieeBear
    CarlieeBear Posts: 325 Member
    They taste great! MM & MM light are the only ones I can drink. I've tried many and had nausea, stomach pains, and tummy troubles. I'm lactose intolerant so my review would be bias.

Biased but helpful to those of us who are also lactose intolerant. I've tried other protein shakes and find that I prefer protein bars because they taste better and I can take them to the gym with me and not have to drink something warm or wait until I get home. Does MM taste better than other drinks like slimfast? I only do protein products that are around 200 calories or less and at least 20 g of protein.
  • mcflat29
    mcflat29 Posts: 2,159 Member
    We get Muscle Milk Light in the ready to go drink "pouches". It's not a daily thing (at least not for me, he drinks them like they're going out of style) We get them by the case at Costco for a reasonable price. I drive for a living so I take them with me as a backup plan in case I work late. I also have one after a hard workout. With the weather what it is. I can leave it in my car and it'll be nice and cool for me when I'm done.
    Doesn't need to be refrigerated but tastes much better cold. Again, it's not something I would have everyday, but it's handy for when I do use it.
    We also have the powder to add to smoothies and juices, but the MM is a better choice for on the go.
  • Save your muscle milk container. You will need that to mix your new protein shakes your making with the protein you're going to buy!

Mix your own, save money, IMO.
  • Joreanasaurous
    Joreanasaurous Posts: 1,384 Member
    GNC last week had a tub of the powder for like 25 bucks last weekend.... So I bought vanilla and chocolate. I think there are a lot of better products out there, but it tastes good and it was on sale, so works for me.
  • mcflat29
    Save your muscle milk container. You will need that to mix your new protein shakes your making with the protein you're going to buy!

But then I gotta worry about the time to mix them and the spill proof containers to carry and then wash.... and, and, and...

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • jezama77
    jezama77 Posts: 138 Member
    I buy the bag of Muscle Milk powder at Costco. I use only one scoop and mix with water, a banana, and ice for breakfast. So far, I like it a lot, but if there was a better product, for similar cost, I'd be interested. I am looking into Vega One. Anyone ever use that?
  • jayche
    jayche Posts: 1,128 Member
    overpriced protein shake
    tastes alright though.
  • Save your muscle milk container. You will need that to mix your new protein shakes your making with the protein you're going to buy!

But then I gotta worry about the time to mix them and the spill proof containers to carry and then wash.... and, and, and...

I actually use a gatorade bottle, mix and drink within 5 minutes of mixing. Or mix and take to gym in small cooler. Either way, it doesn't take long. Spend all that time working out, can't spend 5 minutes to mix, drink, rinse bottle. Shame on you....LOL
  • Joanne_Moniz
    Joanne_Moniz Posts: 347 Member
    the gold standard for protein powder is whey protein (and it should be concentrate, not isolate)

There are many good ones WITHOUT any added sugar to make you fat and without any artificial ingredients to give you cancer
  • MumOfADuo
    MumOfADuo Posts: 294 Member
    great recover drink for after a workout, especially weights. MM light is way less everything and tastes great. One of our top sellers at the gym I work at.
  • the gold standard for protein powder is whey protein (and it should be concentrate, not isolate)

There are many good ones WITHOUT any added sugar to make you fat and without any artificial ingredients to give you cancer

Why not isolate? I don't agree with that.
  • theryan244
    theryan244 Posts: 65 Member
    the gold standard for protein powder is whey protein (and it should be concentrate, not isolate)

Not sure... If serious.
  • chimp517
    chimp517 Posts: 185 Member

I only use Isolate
  • mcflat29
    Save your muscle milk container. You will need that to mix your new protein shakes your making with the protein you're going to buy!

I actually use a gatorade bottle, mix and drink within 5 minutes of mixing. Or mix and take to gym in small cooler. Either way, it doesn't take long. Spend all that time working out, can't spend 5 minutes to mix, drink, rinse bottle. Shame on you....LOL

He buys them, I use them... It's a win win.