Harm in same breakfast everyday?

Options
Every morning I eat the same thing for breakfast. -Old fashion oats, with flaxseed, raisins, and peanut butter (a tablespoon of each). Then I have a banana a couple of hours later. I love it! My husband and I joke that I'm addicted to it because I wake up really excited to eat it. I was just wondering if there is any harm in eating the same thing every day. I eat a variety of food throughout the day, but breakfast is most often exactly the same. Any thoughts?

Replies

• Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,237 Member
    Options
    I eat the same thing for breakfast & dinner practically every single day. Boring? yes. Harmful? not if you're getting the vitamins and nutrients and stuff you need.
  • crichardson1962
    Options
    I've wondered the same. I eat 1/2 cup of low-fat cottage cheese and 50 organic blueberries. It's kind of the highlight of my day.
    Later, for a snack, I have 1 piece of low sodium provolone.

For lunch, I eat 1 small avocado, 4 oz of white meat chicken, 1 piece of low sodium provolone, and either some cucumber or green pepper.

Dinner is where I fall apart. I don't have a "go to" for dinner.
    Any suggestions?

I think I do OK for breakfast and lunch because I'm at work and busy. At home, it's just my husband and I (empty nesters)
  • majoki
    majoki Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    As long as you are getting a nutritionally complete day, I can't see any harm. I recall reading in several articles that eating the same thing every day is actually beneficial to weight loss because it makes counting calories very simple.