NSV: "Your Labs are Excellent"

Options
60x60
60x60 Posts: 75 Member
Over 5 years ago exiting cancer treatment, I made a pact with body to do my part in taking care of it in the future. I had become quite lax over the years.

I have since lost a tremendous amount of weight, 10 lbs to "normal" BMI. I have been exercising and eating and drinking thoughtfully. Despite occasional obstacles including boulders in my way, my doctor was able to send me the following note at the top of my lab results, "Your labs are excellent!". I had every blood test in the world and all of my chemistries are normal. Prior to my cancer I had near to every condition associated in some way with obesity. Oh and I can do a sit up (curl up really) for the first time since 4th grade (I'm in my late 50s), planks, balance and bike easily for miles.

Replies

• jemimasmum
    jemimasmum Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Fabulous, you must be delighted!
  • neiljbrady
    neiljbrady Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Fantastic results. Congratulations to you. Way to take over your life and be able to apply good strategies for the future.
  • card2016
    Options
    That is great news! Keep it up:smile:
  • fyoufat
    Options
    That is so awesome...show your body who is boss
  • kimberliiw
    kimberliiw Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Hooray! It sounds like in a way your cancer saved your life. Congratulations on the victory.
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,039 Member
    Options
    That is simply incredible! Hope to hear the same next month on my wellness visit!
  • mmddwechanged
    mmddwechanged Posts: 1,688 Member
    Options
    Great NSV
  • mkcmurphy
    mkcmurphy Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! Congratulations!
  • 60x60
    Options
    Thanks for the kudos. It does make me feel good.
  • JamesChargerWolf
    JamesChargerWolf Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    And that's what this is really about, isn't it? Health. You put in the work and got a wonderful report of your success. Well done!
  • Fit147
    Fit147 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Such fantastic news! You must have been cloud nine leaving that appointment! Congratulations!!
  • 60x60
    Options
    Such fantastic news! You must have been cloud nine leaving that appointment! Congratulations!!

Actually, the Dr. sent all the lab results in the mail to me so I am keeping them with my medical records. She highlighted her comment. I have lost a humongous amount of weight and inches, but these lab results are the measures that really, really matter to me. So I am on Cloud Nine. I am ending my fifties, entering my 60s fit and healthy.

Though I don't use the friend aspect of myfitnesspal, I certainly have benefited from the logs and the community threads. I am thankful for that.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!