Numbers in Red (Sugar mostly)

Options
2»

Replies

• trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    LOL i go over on sugars EVERYDAY like 100g:noway: without fail with my fruit intake! i have tried keeping under by not eating fruit but i also have a large latte made with skimmed milk and that then throws me over sugar so if i was you its the benificial effects and not the sugar intake you should look at!
    as long as you are under cals at the end of the day who cares! :bigsmile:

I don't get that. Why is skim milk in the US full of sugar? In Canada there is 0mg of sugar in skim milk!

i dont know but if you put it into mfp skimmed milk has loads of sugar and no fat but full fat has no sugar and high fat!!! you figure it out...
    i don't know!
    i'm uk by the way! :)
  • SibylDiane
    SibylDiane Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    In my opinion if you are getting sugars from natural, healthy foods like fruits and veggies, you are fine. But my opinion is just my opinion. Both my doctor and my dietician told me not to bother counting sugars at all since I am not diabetic, pre-diabetic, or have any other blood sugar related issues, and I'm more interested in what they have to say than what random strangers on the internet tell me (just like you should pay more attention to your doctor than to me!). Next time you see your doctor (or other health care professional), why don't you check and see what he or she has to say?
  • savbentley
    Options
    I've lost almost 60lbs and I usually go over my sugars by like 40, lol. In my humble opinion, ignore it if it's coming from natural sources. The way I do it is any sugar not coming from fruit/veg has to fit into the 24g suggested by MFP, any roll over has to be fruit or veg.
  • dgljones
    Options
    I am always using carrots and onions as the base of many meals. That is sugar. I eat tons of romaine lettuce, there is sugar being tracked there. Tomatoes, broccoli, unsweetened almond milk. All adding sugar.
    I just limit any processed foods and ignore the sugar column.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,124 Member
    Options
    LOL i go over on sugars EVERYDAY like 100g:noway: without fail with my fruit intake! i have tried keeping under by not eating fruit but i also have a large latte made with skimmed milk and that then throws me over sugar so if i was you its the benificial effects and not the sugar intake you should look at!
    as long as you are under cals at the end of the day who cares! :bigsmile:

I don't get that. Why is skim milk in the US full of sugar? In Canada there is 0mg of sugar in skim milk!

There is no added sugar, but dairy has lactose (sugar). Maybe your labelling system is different from the US, but there is lactose in milk.

and this is not true....
    i dont know but if you put it into mfp skimmed milk has loads of sugar and no fat but full fat has no sugar and high fat!!! you figure it out...
    i don't know!
    i'm uk by the way! :)

1388119f-f716-430f-a6e5-2a3f63f63b53.jpg

The above entries are the MFP-admin-entered entries. They are correct. Always use them, they were added at the time of the site creation by its owner. To find them, look for the entries without an asterisk ( * ) at the beginning.