What are some of you new sweet treat replacements?

Options
ltlhmom
ltlhmom Posts: 1,202 Member
We all need to learn to eat all over again. We need to find healthy good for you replacement that we still feel satisfied from.

What new things are you eating that you really enjoy?

Some of mine are a banana shake- 1 banana, 1/2 serving of Edy's half the fat vanilla ice cream, 1/2 serving of skim mike and a cup of ice. It is sweet and yummy. You are looking at 185 calories. Another one is Blueberries, Strawberries, Dannon - 1 cup of Light & Fit Vanilla Yogurt and Cascadian Farm - Oats & Honey Granola 1/2 serving @ 260 calories depending on how much fruit you use. It is sweet, filling and has a nice crunch to it.

Replies

• durbanski
    durbanski Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    quaker oat 90 cal bars.
  • KarenECunningham
    KarenECunningham Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I am on an eating plan that eliminates sugar and all simple carbs. I have a sugar free ice cream serving a few times a week. I have discovered nuts and dried apricots ( I buy one that does not have sugar added). I have noticed the longer I have gone without sugar the less I crave it or even think about it. I was a total sugar addict before I started this diet 10 weeks ago.
  • durbanski
    durbanski Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    quaker oat 90 cal bars.
  • aml0484
    aml0484 Posts: 425
    Options
    apples with some all natural peanut butter
  • TalonaCat
    TalonaCat Posts: 241
    Options
    For me it was apples and honey. However, my husband bought me some AMAZING black seedless grapes a few days ago, and they are soooo sweet and juice and amazing.
  • aml0484
    aml0484 Posts: 425
    Options
    apples and honey. that sounds good. I'm going to have to try that tomorrow. thanks for the idea.
  • TalonaCat
    TalonaCat Posts: 241
    Options
    It was a spur of the moment treat for me. I was surprised to find how much I actually liked it. It's almost tastes like a spiced apple cider. :)
  • drholly245
    Options
    bump
  • princessfiona
    princessfiona Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Nestea Peach & Raspberry Ice Tea popsicles... 40 calories, i think 9 carbs (not looking at the box right now) They have no artificial sweetener and are a decent size!
  • fatluxk
    fatluxk Posts: 2
    Options
    I like Luna nutrition bar, lemon flavor. It reminds me of the lemon girl scouts cookies. I believe it has 216 calories (don't quote me on that I am trying to recall from memory). I eat them when my cravings aren't saftisfied with a piece of fruit and when I really want to gourge myself. I also enjoy a protein bar made by Cliff called Builders (vanilla almond flavor). It is a very thick bar so you I must take my time which allows me to enjoy each bite.
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Options
    I like the Yoplait light yogurt (it tastes really sweet to me because I don't eat very much sugar otherwise). If I'm craving chocolate, I'll have coffee with sugar-free hazelnut creamer. If I need sweet and crunchy, I'll have a fiber one bar (peanut butter or caramel). Eating fruit also really helps with the sweet craving.
  • all4tjs
    all4tjs Posts: 51
    Options
    bumpin' it :) Thanks for the post!
  • mkoff32
    mkoff32 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I like cut peel and then cut up and apple and throw the sliced pieces in a frying pan. I think sprinkle on some cinnamon and simmer it. It's delicious!
  • hill242
    hill242 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I just have a couple small dark chocolates on a daily basis. Then once a week, I'll indulge in something like ice cream (Coldstone!) or some other dessert. But usually ice cream =)
  • sparklebritches
    Options
    Tons of fruit....Greek yogurt with sliced almonds, 85% dark chocolate, did I mention fruit?

Last night I treated myself to fresh mixed berries with Lite Cool Whip. I don't usually eat things like C.W. but it was divine!
  • ShottaB
    ShottaB Posts: 29
    Options
    Plain nonfat yogurt with squeezed strawberries. Slice the strawberries in quarter pieces, and squeeze the strawberries on a plate with a fork. Then pour the strawberries and all the juice you squeezed out of them into the bowl of yogurt and mix. Squeezing the strawberries adds flavor and sweetness to the yogurt, and actually makes the strawberries themselves taste sweeter.
  • veggieheadie
    Options
    I like Luna nutrition bar, lemon flavor. It reminds me of the lemon girl scouts cookies. I believe it has 216 calories (don't quote me on that I am trying to recall from memory). I eat them when my cravings aren't saftisfied with a piece of fruit and when I really want to gourge myself. I also enjoy a protein bar made by Cliff called Builders (vanilla almond flavor). It is a very thick bar so you I must take my time which allows me to enjoy each bite.

I just discovered the cliff bars. They really are pretty good. The chocolate chip/peanut butter tastes like your eating a brownie or a cookie. Love them!
  • costil83
    costil83 Posts: 25
    Options
    I LOVE the Yoplait light yogurt too! It's incredibly sweet, and to me, almost exactly like pudding!
  • msapplenomore
    Options
    Fresh mango
  • KBC12
    KBC12 Posts: 10
    Options
    mmmmm mango. you're making me want to run to the store right now and indulge