New to MFP forums

Options
Hi there!

I have used MFP off and on for about 6 months and had never known about the actual web-site. I was just using the app on my phone. This is FANTASTIC.

I am almost 40 and am absolutely in the wort shape of my life. What I have realized recently is that I am not going t be around very long if I do not change my ways.

My health has really diminished in the last 3 years due to sitting on my rear in graduate school full-time. I graduate in May and I really want to change my life and get healthy.

I struggle with exercising consistently but realize that to be successful this needs to change. I also realize that the support of others is huge in this process. That is why I am here. I really want to be a part of a supportive community.

Thanks for reading!! Add me as a friend!!

Melissa

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,121 Member
    Options
    Welcome. The first and hardest thing to do is.....change everything. :tongue:

But start with baby steps. Log everything you eat. That includes little bites here and there. That includes measuring your salad dressing and your orange juice. Learning about food is the first hurdle. Controlling what you eat is the next.

You CAN lose weight with moderate exercise. Just do a little more today than you did yesterday. You don't have to enroll in "Boot Camp" this afternoon. Just take a walk around your neighborhood or the mall. Do it again tomorrow.

Food is the key. Staying within your calorie allowances is the most important thing.

You can't out-exercise poor diet. This week concentrate on getting enough water, enough sleep, and log everything. You can do it!