30 Day Shred

Options
2»

Replies

• faewie
    faewie Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    also keen on finding this app that everyone is speaking of!
    I skipped 2 days on the shred (not in a row) just wondering if anyone else has missed a day or so and if that has made a bad impact on the programme? Like I'm wondering if I should start from the 1st day again when I miss a day (lol this SHOULD be day 7 of level one...) :/
    thanks for your help :)
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    Log as Curves Circuit Training on MFP if you do not have a HRM.

If you log as "Circuit training, general", you will most likely not get the correct burn for your age and weight. There is a HUGE difference between both categories..

E.g. for a 171lb 22YO woman, Curves Circuit Training burns 152 for 24 minutes. Same age, sex and weight logging as Circuit Training general burns 250. Big difference and not worth messing up your hard work by logging too many calories than what actually got burned.

Please, if you want accuracy without having a HRM, log as Curves Circuit Training. It's fairly close to what one would burn while wearing HRM.
  • ivyx3
    ivyx3 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hey what's the app called?
  • agataarchangel
    agataarchangel Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Hey! We're pretty close in stats- I'm 5'0" and 115lbs. I exercise regularly, and usually burn around 125 calories per session (level 2 modified with tougher moves) and Level 3 of the Shred. It's a great DVD! Have fun!

But yes, my advice would be to invest in an HRM to calculate how much YOU burn depending on your fitness level. You won't regret buying it, and you'll see how quickly you improve, and how it affects your HR! And you can use it when you do any cardio, making things so easy to log on here....

Good Luck!

Thanks....I've been using the Jillian DVDs for several years now but no matter how much I do them or go to the gym the center of my stomach will not flatten so I'm trying to watch my food intake and track calories burned...can you suggest a good HRM...I was looking at the Polaris Ft4

Hey!

I actually have an older version of exactly that one- I have a Polar F4.... which I got off of a Used site for 30$, cuz the chick selling it upgraded to a GPS one. It's worked wonders for me.

The equivalent one would be exactly the one you mentioned- The Polar FT4. Don't go too fancy, cuz you'll spend boatloads of money on ones that will give you more stats than you need at this point.

That one is all you need, and Polar is very reputable :-)
  • hilldiggity
    hilldiggity Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    also keen on finding this app that everyone is speaking of!
    I skipped 2 days on the shred (not in a row) just wondering if anyone else has missed a day or so and if that has made a bad impact on the programme? Like I'm wondering if I should start from the 1st day again when I miss a day (lol this SHOULD be day 7 of level one...) :/
    thanks for your help :)

I read here that Jillian said the 30 Day Challenge was more of a marketing ploy and not her idea, so it didn't have to be 10 days in a row.
  • hilldiggity
    hilldiggity Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I'm sure others have asked in the past but I'm wondering how many calories I burn doing 30 day shred or any of the Jillian DVD's for that matter. I don't have a HRM yet...still shopping around. I'm 5'0" and 110 lbs......how do I calculate it?

Polar is all I've ever used. If you're willing to spend $100 (or less if you can find one on Ebay or Amazon), go for it! They are great!