gotothegymrightnow

Options
I am laying in bed. it's 11 am on a saturday. my son is out of town (ice fishing!!) and I am going to get up and go to the gym. I keep telling myself that. And an hour has gone by. Ugggghhhhhhhh I know I will feel awesome once I get there and get started. I'm even excited about my workout plan for the day.... I just can't seem to get the hell out of bed!!!!

Replies

• cathers_
    Options
    13lbs to go? A trip to the gym could seriously make an impact on that number. Move your bum and go! :wink:
  • tobejune
    tobejune Posts: 177
    Options
    YES! this is what I need to hear!! I am now mentally packing my gym bag... I think I'm getting closer to ACTUALLY getting out of bed and physically packing it...
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    Here is what I do: I tell myself whether I'm going gym or run today and I tell myself back blah I don't feel like it. Well of course I don't, I just woke up!

So before I get my gym clothes on, I have my coffee, I laze around for a bit, I watch something stupid on Youtube, I post on the forums, have some food, let that digest for an hour or two, then I go.

Because getting straight up out of bed and hitting the gym doesn't work for me.
  • cathers_
    Options
    Bag mentally packed? Excellent, now kick the duvet off, get out of bed and get going, (I went to the gym earlier because I woke up and couldn't get back to sleep but then had a nap afterwards - I knew if I didn't get out of bed then I'd end up not going at all!)
  • ShandiH
    ShandiH Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Go. Go, go, go . . . go! Aaaaaaand now! :D

Start by throwing the covers off . . . all at once.
  • tobejune
    Options
    Right I've been doing those things for over an hour though in bed.... And I slept in for 5 hours. I actually think the sleeping in is what's throwing me off. I have a secret infatuation with arriving at the gym when it's pitch black out and there's only 2 cars in the lot.... anyway... any other tips for getting out of bed? I wish my cat (who's currently purring in the crook of my arm) would fart or something, she has the smelliest farts in the world guaranteed to clear a room.
  • cathers_
    Options
    Are you sure you turned the tap off last night and your kitchen's not flooding?
  • mcflat29
    mcflat29 Posts: 2,159 Member
    Options
    THIS

awesome motivation to get up!
  • tobejune
    Options

omg maybe I left the head lights on my car on!!!! BETTER GO CHECK!!!! SEEE YAAAAA
  • jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Here is what I do: I tell myself whether I'm going gym or run today and I tell myself back blah I don't feel like it. Well of course I don't, I just woke up!

So before I get my gym clothes on, I have my coffee, I laze around for a bit, I watch something stupid on Youtube, I post on the forums, have some food, let that digest for an hour or two, then I go.

Because getting straight up out of bed and hitting the gym doesn't work for me.

Me too! This is what I do
  • shoshi68
    shoshi68 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Get dressed and go, and once you get there, work out for at least 15 minutes. Then keep going. Get.'er.Done.
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    Right I've been doing those things for over an hour though in bed.... And I slept in for 5 hours. I actually think the sleeping in is what's throwing me off. I have a secret infatuation with arriving at the gym when it's pitch black out and there's only 2 cars in the lot.... anyway... any other tips for getting out of bed? I wish my cat (who's currently purring in the crook of my arm) would fart or something, she has the smelliest farts in the world guaranteed to clear a room.

Did you eat yet, though? Morning people and people who can even think of working out on an empty stomach terrify me. Maybe you just need some food for energy and that will motivate you.
  • bdur76
    bdur76 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Whenever I don't feel like working out I remind myself that the toughest step is always the first step out the door. Once you're on your way and working out, that is something you'll NEVER regret!
  • angieroo2
    angieroo2 Posts: 973 Member
    Options
    I hope that means you went. =)
  • YAYJules
    YAYJules Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Stupid Dateline is keeping me captivated. I need to get moving too!
  • newfette81
    Options
    I gotta say I LOVE my Saturday's at the gym. I'm usually there at night with all the little girls and meat heads but on Saturday Mornings its all the old folks and they are so friendly and SO much fun to watch...

My fav is the little old man in jeans, a long sleeved shirt and gold chains. and he just strolls around the track.. i just want to smoosh him!
  • UsaJewels05
    UsaJewels05 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way right now! I just keep saying, "Just do It"!