2»

Replies

• DarrelBirkett
    DarrelBirkett Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Haha, quite!
  • melissaann262
    Options
    one more question-- how accurate are scales with BF measures built in? do I need to get my "official" current body fat %, or could I use what my scale says as a rough estimate?

What's a reasonable time frame to cut 15-17% of body fat?
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    one more question-- how accurate are scales with BF measures built in? do I need to get my "official" current body fat %, or could I use what my scale says as a rough estimate?

They're not very accurate, but will generally get you somewhat close. They work best as an indicator of progress - they will, generally, reflect body fat losses.

Give us your current stats and routine so we could tell you about a time frame.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    what have you estimated your current body fat % at?
  • strikerjb007
    strikerjb007 Posts: 443 Member
    Options

Not accurate at all! According to my scale, I'm at like 24% or something. LOL. Get a cheap pair of calipers. The number is irrelevant but it's the trend that you want to keep an eye on!!!
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options

Not accurate at all! According to my scale, I'm at like 24% or something. LOL. Get a cheap pair of calipers. The number is irrelevant but it's the trend that you want to keep an eye on!!!

agree mine says I am 16-17% but calipers say 13%...