over 30 lbs down and seeing my sister and dad for the 1st ti

Options
kajaknowers
kajaknowers Posts: 113 Member
So,

I've been weighing myself quite often this week (no more than once a day though) because tomorrow I am going home to see my sister and my dad....my sister is the only family member that knows I've been on a diet so I was determined to lose quite a bit before I saw the rest of my family.....so fingers crossed I go home and my dad notices (although he is very unobservant, once I dyed my hair from platinum blonde to dark brown and it took him 3 days to notice)....I want him to notice more than you know or at least my sister because of all my hard work....it would only confirm my belief that I am looking slimmer because my flatmates see me everyday so I wouldn't expect them to notice.

Wish me luck

x

Replies

• LostTeen
    LostTeen Posts: 110
    Options
    That is great that you lost 30lbs.. keep it up

I'm sure they will notice =D
  • marii92
    marii92 Posts: 77
    Options
    Aww, I'm sure they'll notice. 30 lbs is a lot!!! =]
    Well done, btw. You look great. [=
  • Holton
    Holton Posts: 1,018
    Options
    While I totally understand your desire for the recognition from your Dad, please don't let that affect what you have done or who you are. I say that, as I have lost 31 pounds and my Dad has yet to comment; yet he had plenty to say when I was heavier. It does hurt when I go home to visit, but I am losing the weight for myself, so cannot let his inability to notice or verbalize take it's toll. I am hopeful that your Dad will see the big change and remark on your success, but if he does not, just be gracious and let it run off your back like water. Continued success to you on your journey!
  • ads7327
    ads7327 Posts: 13
    Options
    You are such an inspiration to a newbie like me. :) Regardless of what your family notices you look great!
  • lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    Options
    Make sure you either wear or treat yourself to a new outfit to accentuate your new beautiful curves. A lot of times, people notice our weight loss more by the way we carry ourselves too. You did great! Keep yourself motivated while visiting. Make them go on walks with you :) You're doing awesome!
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Options
    Some people notice and others don't. I haven't lost anything in about 2 weeks and people are just now starting to notice that I lost some weight. When I tell them how much, they're suprised. It just takes awhile for your body to settle down to its new size. Don't let his recognition or lack of keep you from doing what you've been doing.
  • bjberry
    bjberry Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Fabulous! 31.+% of your final goal weight totally gone! I'm impressed. All your readers are impressed. Even if your Dad doesn't mention it, he's secretly impressed, or he needs new glasses--in my humble opinion. Have fun on your visit. BJB
  • themethod
    themethod Posts: 257
    Options
    Enjoy your trip. It may be one of those circumstances wherre your dad or your sister notices there's a change in you because of your energy or your confidence, but can't quite understand where it's coming from. So don't be discouraged if they can't put their finger on it right away. Just hold your head high and know that you are succeeding!
  • kajaknowers
    kajaknowers Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    thanks guys....fortunately I do feel great so little seems to discourage me x
  • bennettv
    bennettv Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    My Dad was equally unobservant. He's now gone, but before he died I asked him to write a list of 10 things about me that made him proud. They were simple, silly things, that I never in a million years would have thought he paid any attention to. Just because your Dad doesn't communicate it doesn't mean he's not noticing.

But, I hope he says something cause that feels darn good too!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!