Cheese

Options
avababy05
avababy05 Posts: 930 Member
I've found a lot of yummy recipes on here.I have a new found love for spaghetti squash due to this!

one question: What do you use for a low fat cheese that melts? What can you suggest for a low fat cheese that melts?

I'd like to try to make a sort of spaghetti squash mac and cheese or alfredo but find a lot of the lower fat or non fat cheeses will not do the trick.

Thanks in advance

Replies

• Lunatic379
    Options
    I use non fat, and it melts fine. Kraft no fat cheese.
  • avababy05
    Options
    Thank you
  • Brie4me
    Brie4me Posts: 238
    Options
    Cheese :heart: I like low-fat monterey jack and mozzerella. They melt nicely and are creamy. Here's a link with some suggestions:

http://www.shape.com/healthy-eating/diet-tips/say-cheese
  • d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    Options
    The Laughing Cow Cheese Wedges melts and is lower cals.
  • avababy05
    Options
    Thank you for the suggestions and the link.I wouldn't think of laughing cow but it's yummy cold so melted is probably even better!
  • d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the suggestions and the link.I wouldn't think of laughing cow but it's yummy cold so melted is probably even better!

***Dirty Little Secret***

Even though I'm a man, I LOVE the hungry girl books and recipes.. She uses the Laughing Cow Cheese Wedges in a lot of her recipes.

DON'T YOU JUDGE ME!!! :-D
  • avababy05
    Options

***Dirty Little Secret***

Even though I'm a man, I LOVE the hungry girl books and recipes.. She uses the Laughing Cow Cheese Wedges in a lot of her recipes.

DON'T YOU JUDGE ME!!! :-D

No shame in that at all! Food knows no gender
  • justtodayjen333
    justtodayjen333 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Not really cheese that melts but thought I'd share -- I just used regular cheese but use less of it. I often used .5 ounces of shredded sharp cheddar in eggs, quesadillas, etc. I also like Parmesan cheese slices on apples. Delish!
  • itsmelynn15
    Options
    Cabot 75% FF sharp chedder, It tastes great and melts nicely. The only bad thing is that it only comes in the one flavor.